Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything went successfully with an AsRock Z97M Pro4, Realtek audio from Multibeast, Trim from TrimEnabler, iMessage and Handoff working great! USB3 untested as of now.

Had to start 970 with nv_disable=1 when the update restarted, install of web drivers went fine also.

Went from 10.10.5 to 10.11.2 then upgraded to 10.11.3 through MAS.

As instructions for Clover 10.10.x to 10.11.x just had to install FakeSMC.kext to my 10.11 folder and add the two SIP values to config.plist. Had to reinstall audio using Toldea's cloverALC command and everything is working perfectly!

:headbang:

Update completed no issues here. MSI Z170A M7 Skylake :D

Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 21.34.07.png

Standard update via app store worked like a charm. On reboot, nvidia driver popup was presented with driver update (346.03.05f1). After reboot again, system proved fully functional including sound, trim, etc.:)

Updated through AppStore, updated web driver, re-apply fix for mp 6,1 sysdef (black screen at startup-nvidia-) all checks good!!! Sound, trim, usb 3.0, sleep/wake and audio after sleep all still working! All in all pretty smooth update!!!!:clap:

I updated from the App Store. When it restarted it when to OS X Default Graphics Drivers but NVidia notified me that a new driver was available and I installed and works perfect.

I got your PM, but can't reply, I don't have enough posts.... Here is what I was replying with

Elite2k said:
Hi i have a MB that uses the Etron chipset how did u get usb 3.0 working in El Capitan ?? please let me know thanks

I haven't upgraded yet, I had replied to this post (#32)....

Quote Originally Posted by alenchev View Post
Update through app store. Good update. USB 3.0 work again on Etron EJ168 chip (GA-Z68XP-UD4).

I take it the update did not get the USB 3.0 to working for you? I may try to upgrade tonight, If USB 3.0 starts working I will let you know. Right now for me I have a USB 3.0 1tb passport drive that works, but oddly, none of my 3.0 flash drives work

If mine starts to work I will post in this thread.

Update completed and no issues from App store.
Z87x Oc force and I7 4790K, under clover.

Everything wen't smoothly from the MAS.

Backed up with SuperDuper and ran update.

Had to reinstall AppleHDA.kext for sound on my ALC892 and wait for NVidia to update webdrivers.

All great now.
Thanks Tony!

GA-Z97X-UD3H

This update broke my audio. I tried reinstalling the ALC1150 from Multibeast again and that didn't fix it. Toleda's ALC script didn't fix it either. My outputs are there, and sound comes out, but it's distorted and unintelligible. Any ideas?

EDIT: Solved: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/184191-10-11-3-update-broke-alc1150-audio.html

This is what's in my clover which had audio working in 10.11.2:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 6.01.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 6.01.39 PM.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 182
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back