Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 10.11.3 via the App Store, everything (audio, iMessage, TRIM) is working OK after installing the latest NVIDIA driver. Had the same initial black screen problem with the NVIDIA driver that others have reported above due to my (probably ill-advised) use of the iMac15,1 profile (yah, yah, I should change to 14,2 or whatever), so I had to modify AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext again (apparently this will need to be done whenever I update the NVIDIA driver).

I did experience one other odd anomaly. I have a dual-boot setup with OS X + Clover on one drive (default boot drive), and Windows 10 on a second drive. Somehow running the 10.11.3 update from the App Store caused my Windows 10 drive to become the default boot drive, so when I first rebooted I got no Clover menu, just went straight into Windows. Had to go into the EFI settings and reset my OS X/Clover drive as the default. Weird.

Ran auto-update on my machine, that has been running smoothly for a couple of months now. When the machine restarted, I paused it at the clover screen, since it still had that silly christmas-theme. I changes the value under "theme" from "christmas" to something else listed (cant remember what the it was now, but the most default). Then I escaped out and waited for the machine to restart. When the load-bar was almost finsihed, the screen went black and the machine had turned itself off. When I restarted, the SSD-disk (Samsung EVO 850 250Gb) was not on the list in clover.

I can now only start from a recovery partition (old one). I find the SSD in Disk Utility, but it no longer has a partition called "El Capitan", but rather "Untitled". Disk Utility says there is nothing wrong with it, but how can that be?

Can anyone help? I have quite a lot of work on the disk that has malfunctioned now, so all help would be appreciated.

No problems updating here as well, NVIDIA update works fine.
No USB 3.0 here either, audio still works though.

-zibt

Are you on Clover or Chimera?
I am just asking before I update through the App Store.
I'm on Clover and I believe I should be able to update without making any changes.
Thanks in advance

Are you on Clover or Chimera?
I am just asking before I update through the App Store.
I'm on Clover and I believe I should be able to update without making any changes.
Thanks in advance

I updated using the combo updater on two systems so far, with no issues. Both are Clover-based, one on a Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A, the other on an MSI H97M-G43.

My build: GA-Z87X-UD3H - i7 4770k - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2Gb

Updated via AS with no issues, all works fine, bluetooth, graphics, HDMI sound, trim. No need install anything. Using Clover. :thumbup:

Thanks Tonymac's team!!

Problem!

Updated with combo update. Boot only with nv_disable=1 , updated web driver, stilll can´t login without nv_disable=1.

Geforce 770 4GB - MOBO -> GA-ga-z68-d3h-b3

System definition - 12,1

Any ideas? Thanks!

I also have a problem.
I updated my ccc install on harddisk with no problem.
But on my ssd the same method won't work, as I can't get past the loginscreen. It just spinns.
Tried regular update and combo with all kinds of bootflags (nv_disable=1 -x -f)
Any ideas?

gtx980

Problem!

Updated with combo update. Boot only with nv_disable=1 , updated web driver, stilll can´t login without nv_disable=1.

Geforce 770 4GB - MOBO -> GA-ga-z68-d3h-b3

System definition - 12,1

Any ideas? Thanks!

Just Found out what is was. I have a three monitors + a TV. Had to disconect all the cables from the graphics cards of then except one monitor. Disconecting from the monitors wouldn´t do it. Booted inside the OS and to NVIDIA driver. Shutdown, connect all monitors and tv. And everything is working. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back