Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
same board but using onboard DVI.... the Dec update kills the USB ports. Did you have a fix for that? Also did you get the Thunderbolt to function?

No issues to report here with update. Installed fresh from Mac App Store using Unibeast 6.0.1.

Went smoothly on my setup.

Thanks to everyone involved.

Screen Shot 2015-12-22 at 4.47.10 AM.png

Everything went smoothly here with Combo update. MSI Z97 Gaming 5​

Update using the Combo updater worked well:

Bluetooth
Sound
USB 3.0 (configured using Rehabman's kexts)
Trim

... all survived the update and work as before except -

System Definition: iMac 14,2

Curious video playback problem - scrambled, multicolour mini-blocks, sound fine. Tried installing Nvidia Web Drivers but persisting - even though a GT740 should be fully native etc.

Changed System Definition to Mac Pro 3,1 and video is back ...

Removed EVGA GT740 graphics card, reset to system definition 14,2 and all is running sweetly again :crazy:

OK, problem now solved. Not sure if this was due to a subtle change in the OS X code or Clover's but
here's a solution ...

Clover had defaulted to "Inject Intel" graphics. I hadn't spotted this because I'd used the UniBeast config.plist as it was my only way to get a bootable system after build. It's a sensible option because most builders will have onboard graphics of some sort and it guarantees a successful boot.

Using Clover Configurator I unticked this option and then went into the BIOS and disabled onboard graphics, leaving just the GT740 in PCI-e Slot 1.

On reboot all is fine and video now plays properly.

(I also had to install the Nvidia web-drivers so that OS X would recognise the GT740 correctly in System Report. Others have mentioned this change and I now wonder if Apple have in some way deprecated support for this chipset?).

Your sleep / wake works 100 % ?

For me it is still the same issue....

Yeah all working perfect for me again. I have the 'fix sleep/wake' selected in clover configurator... but i'm sure that shows up in the plist somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back