Status
Not open for further replies.
GA-Z97X-UD7 TH, GTX 760 Update SUCCESS
audio, usb3, trim
all working

PS. And WORKING in Adobe apps Mercury Transmit
:headbang:

Sunny day in Rio!

Please take the time to read this only if you have the time. I'm taking a long shot at my luck:). Thank you very much for your time and patience. English is not my first language.

I'm trying to improve the render timings on both adobe apps (mostly premiere and after effects) and final cut pro x on three hackintoshes, two from my sig, and one which is not fully working. It's a Gigabyte X99 Gaming One, i7 5960X cooled with one h80i, no OC, 32gb vengeance ram and a GTX980 (non Ti) powered by a 1000w PSU. This one is running 10.10.5. Both are running clover.

I've run benchmarks on render time from BruceX - 5K test. My signature machine (Abacax86 - GB ˜18K) seems to outperform the latest X99 with over 34K on Geekbench! And I've been trying to guess what I could do to improve it. Times were 17s on the h97n, i7 4790K system and 40s on the X99 i7 5960X system!

Today I'm gonna swap GPUs between them and see how changing GPU teams affects render times on AE, mostly because of opengl and cuda, if I'm not mistaken. What takes most of my render time is straightening Wide Angle (maybe it is eyefish) footage from the latest gopro camera in AECC2014. Takes a huge amount of time. Also, I'm considering moving editing to FCPx if it ends up running faster then on PPCC2014. Maybe it's time to update the OS on the X99 system or even completely reinstall it on a new SSD. And leave what works at this time on the primary SSD.

I was here reading about the 10.11.2 update when I came across you speaking of Mercury Transmit and could not quite grasp what it is able to do on which hardware (the likes of AJA, blackmagic and so on VS the speed of it on GPU alone, say it the GTX980 or the R9 280X), like realtime monitoring. And if it also work on a computer monitor or TV, or only on those fancy SDI monitors.

If you could point me on a direction where I get this info (if it doesn't hurt the forum terms) and maybe I could educate myself on the matter, that would be great. A forum much like this one?

Again, thank you for your time.

Have you updated Hack #2? If so any issues?
Thanks Grandma

ALC 887/888b not working on Asus P8Z77-V LX after update. Reinstalled the driver from Multibeast 6.1, now everything is working again.

Reinstalling the driver after every update is annoying, but easy enough.

Hello to everyone.

I've run into a trouble after enabling TRIM support for My EVO 850 SSD. After successfully enabling TRIM with terminal command, system went into a reboot, but afterwards failed to load. Also i've noticed that loading speed significantly dropped. Loading bar hangs at 100%.

Tried safe and verbose mode but loading stops at Missing Bluetooth Controller.

Booted using USB, got into Disk Utility, checked partition and got message that it was successfully repaired, but again no luck.

Any ideas how to disable TRIM ?

Thanks a lot

IMG_0025.jpg

I can't seem to get the Driver to load for my new GTX 960
Using:
Asus H97M-E
Core i5-4690
OS X 10.11.2
Web Driver 346.03.04f02
iMac 14,2 sys def

My clover config.plist has:

<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>El Capitan</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Log</key>
<true/>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>3</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<string>NO</string>

Please help!

Update:

I was using the HDMI port on the GTX 960. As soon as I connected a Display Port cable, system profiler recognized the GTX 960 with all 2GB VRAM, I'm getting beautiful 2560x1440 on my Asus PB258 monitor, but it keeps defaulting to the Apple graphics driver in 10.11.2.

Weird. Seems like I've tried everything I know of to use the nVidia driver, but it's just not working.

Anyone?

View attachment GTX960.tiff

Updated with almost no problems, just re-run cloveralc110 script and reinstall Nvidia Web Drivers but it was expected.

Captura de pantalla 2015-12-19 a la(s) 3.40.26 p.m..png

Updated and rock again. :headbang:

When i try to open the app store to install the 10.11.2 update the app store wont open its stick on the app store logo. So i tried to DL the combo update but i get all the way the "preparing to update once done you will be asked to reset your computer" it was like that for over an hour before i closed it.

Screen shots below.
Im on clover and i believe my hardware is in my infoScreen Shot 2015-12-19 at 1.37.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-19 at 1.37.33 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back