Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Update using the Combo updater worked well:

Bluetooth
Sound
USB 3.0 (configured using Rehabman's kexts)
Trim

... all survived the update and work as before except -

System Definition: iMac 14,2

Curious video playback problem - scrambled, multicolour mini-blocks, sound fine. Tried installing Nvidia Web Drivers but persisting - even though a GT740 should be fully native etc.

Changed System Definition to Mac Pro 3,1 and video is back ...

Removed EVGA GT740 graphics card, reset to system definition 14,2 and all is running sweetly again :crazy:

OK, problem now solved. Not sure if this was due to a subtle change in the OS X code or Clover's but
here's a solution ...

Clover had defaulted to "Inject Intel" graphics. I hadn't spotted this because I'd used the UniBeast config.plist as it was my only way to get a bootable system after build. It's a sensible option because most builders will have onboard graphics of some sort and it guarantees a successful boot.

Using Clover Configurator I unticked this option and then went into the BIOS and disabled onboard graphics, leaving just the GT740 in PCI-e Slot 1.

On reboot all is fine and video now plays properly.

(I also had to install the Nvidia web-drivers so that OS X would recognise the GT740 correctly in System Report. Others have mentioned this change and I now wonder if Apple have in some way deprecated support for this chipset?).

Motherboard
GA77X UD5H
CPU
i7 3770k 3.5
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Your sleep / wake works 100 % ?

For me it is still the same issue....

Yeah all working perfect for me again. I have the 'fix sleep/wake' selected in clover configurator... but i'm sure that shows up in the plist somewhere.

Motherboard
Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i5 6600k
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Motherboard
Strix z390-i
CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Installed via software update on GA-Z87M-D3H. Everything seems to be working OK, except for sleep, which was never a problem since install and now it simply does not work.

When I select Sleep, it turns off the monitor, music stops etc... but cpu continues to work at full speed. After clicking any key, it returns from 'sleep', with no audio (I had the toleda ALC fix, which survived first update).

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170x ud5 th
CPU
i5-6600k OC'd to 4GHZ
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 7970 x2
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Migigen - got the i5 6600k and gigabyte z170x ud5 th combo working finally. What was hanging things up for me on the installer was USBFixOwnership was set to false, so changed it: USB FixOwnership set to TRUE to fix "AppleUSBLegacyRoot enabling legacy matching" at boot issue.

Running pretty smooth - testing pieces but quite happy with the results! I attached my EFI folder for you in case it is of some help.

I also had to secure erase/zero out my usb, and redownload El Capitan installer file from app store since I was running into other issues with install not completing. Good luck!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 133
Motherboard
Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i5 6600k
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Believe it is the same line thats causing the problem I'm having, can't quite remember right now, I'll have to take a look at it when I get the chance. thx for the zip I'm defiantly gonna have to compare mine

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GT 740
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Same problem as others just not same outcome. I am geting the install via app store and install appears to work fine. When it gets to the login screen I choose my user and i get a black screen with the spinning wheel. I can see the mouse. The others who had this problem in this post said they just typed their password even though they couldn't see it and it worked but that is not the case for me. I type the password hit enter but nothing happens?? Please help this is the only day I have off work for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.