Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
On GA-Z77X-UD5H with F16 bios revision. My update did not go as smoothly. I get a kernel panic which instantly restarts. Appears to be related to AppleIntelE1000e or IONetworkingFamily.

If I disable PCH LAN in the bios, I can boot no problem. Unfortunately that means no ethernet, and wifi is unusable (slow, dropping constantly).

I tried installing the latest clover (was only a month behind current release) and latest AppleIntelE1000.kext, as well as removing my DSDT and a lot of the old settings from my config.plist file. So far no luck.

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily(3.2)
com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e(3.2.4)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily(3.2)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)

I used the old AppleIntelE1000.kext driver which I believe is 2.14 (the oldest in Multibeast) and the update went without any issue. Too many issues with the newer version, like network outage under heavy load.

i lost 5ghz wifi.. no idea how to fix it.. :(

I used the old AppleIntelE1000.kext driver which I believe is 2.14 (the oldest in Multibeast) and the update went without any issue. Too many issues with the newer version, like network outage under heavy load.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't gotten the Intel LAN working (haven't tried all versions of the kext yet), but I remembered this morning the GA-Z77X-UD5H mobo has two *different* ethernet controllers; Intel AND Atheros. I saw OS X was picking up the Atheros under System Information, so I just moved my cable from one port to the other and bingo - internet connection. After spending a day trying to get the Intel port working, I'm giving up on it for now unless iMessage craps out or something. I'll return to it with the next major OS update and hope it self-corrects.

Any idea how to fix the "no signal" problem on my monitor after upgrading? I have tried the AppleGraphicsControl.kext with no luck.

Working just perfect right here! Better performance and less heating! Always good on a laptop!

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 22.34.11.jpg

i lost 5ghz wifi.. no idea how to fix it.. :(

Have you changed your 5ghz channel setting in your router settings. Chances are you are like channel 161 or something like that. Changed to channel 48, save and restart. It should show up after that in network preferences wifi networks

I have the same issue. Can you please attach you config.plst file? I would like to compare it with mine.

I removed the USB fix where I renamed the Ports in Clover, nothing changed.

This is the last log before it reboots:

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]ec 13 22:48:19 iMac loginwindow[99]: CoreAnimation: warning, deleted thread with uncommitted CATransaction; set CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1 in environment to log backtraces.[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]Dec 13 22:48:19 iMac powerd[57]: BUG in libdispatch: 15C50 - 1631 - 0x0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Dec 13 22:48:19 iMac kernel[0]: IOCTL not recognized: 234 out of 236[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Dec 13 22:48:19 --- last message repeated 1 time ---[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Dec 13 22:48:19 iMac kernel[0]: Sandbox: com.apple.Addres(720) deny(1) network-outbound /private/var/run/mDNSResponder[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Dec 13 22:48:19 iMac com.apple.AddressBook.InternetAccountsBridge[720]: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect() failed path:/var/run/mDNSResponder Socket:4 Err:-1 Errno:1 Operation not permitted[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Dec 13 22:48:21 iMac kernel[0]: PM response took 2152 ms (57, powerd)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Dec 13 22:48:21 iMac kernel[0]: ARPT: 524.714557: AirPort_Brcm43xx::powerChange: System Sleep[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Dec 13 22:49:00 localhost bootlog[0]: BOOT_TIME 1450043340 0[/FONT]

Thx

Here is my config.plist, hope it helps.

View attachment config.plist

everything is fine here!

I'm new to clover and not very confident with it. is it important to update clover? how can I do it without messing anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back