Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated via software update, reboot unsuccessful, booted in safe mode, restarted and all is well, did not have to reload anything.......

zotac motherboard

G4 Quicksilver Mac, I5 3570K, GT 640 2GB

only issue so far no wifi , have not looked into the issue yet, since i use a lan connection

You are mis-quoting the pre-edited tutorial text; it actually read: "no changes may be necessary", and, had it not been possibly ambiguous, the OP wouldn't have been edited to clarify, would it?

Yes, I can be pedantic if need be, and if I find something to be possibly confusing (without it needing to be) I shall mention it. It's called having an eye for details, and I didn't whine and gripe like many people would, I politely and kindly suggested it could be (and was) a potential source of confusion, and now it's fixed. If Jony Ive designed something poorly - say the hole in a piece of aluminium was off-centre and wouldn't fit, do you think he'd just say "Ah, that'll do"? No, he'd start again and fix it. With text, this is a 5 second task - utterly trivial, and for someone to waltz along and criticise someone for pointing out ambiguous grammar, well that is plain idiotic.

Meaning something and effectively conveying that meaning are entirely different things. Anyhow, lest we prolong this redundancy, I see no further fruitful reason to discuss it.

Thank you so much for your insistence on correct language!!
I'm facing the same issues in my nativ language German – nobody seems to use it correctly nowadays ...
Even if I understand English very good on a daily basis, "minor" inaccuracies can be distracting, if not confusing.
Keep going!

Greetings and best wishes
Ralph

Great reply, once again! :lol:

But actually, it's a Viola da Gamba!

A (modern) Viola would look like this:

Viola.jpg

I've attempted to update directly from the app store. and i've downloaded and i see the download on launchpad. I click on it to begin the install, and when it boots up it does not continue to complete the install. I enter my password and end up on my desktop again.

As anyone come across this? Any suggestions?

Thanks...

I've attempted to update directly from the app store. and i've downloaded and i see the download on launchpad. I click on it to begin the install, and when it boots up it does not continue to complete the install. I enter my password and end up on my desktop again.

As anyone come across this? Any suggestions?

Thanks...
Firstly Download and then power off your Hackintosh and then Power On and then install it. This should be work.

ptt75, I see that you are using an NVIDIA GT430 with 10.11.1. I just got a GT430 and want to use it to replace an HD5450 I am using with 10.11.2. How did you get your GT430 working with 10.11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back