Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • This update will replace your audio drivers. If you enabled Realtek onboard audio using the CloverALC110 script, no changes will be necessary.

:ugeek:

Thank you :)

There's nothing like having the public to proof read :p

Clearly, "changes may not be necessary" was the original intended meaning. In other words, if all goes well...

Clearly, "changes may not be necessary" was the original intended meaning. In other words, if all goes well...

You are mis-quoting the pre-edited tutorial text; it actually read: "no changes may be necessary", and, had it not been possibly ambiguous, the OP wouldn't have been edited to clarify, would it?

Yes, I can be pedantic if need be, and if I find something to be possibly confusing (without it needing to be) I shall mention it. It's called having an eye for details, and I didn't whine and gripe like many people would, I politely and kindly suggested it could be (and was) a potential source of confusion, and now it's fixed. If Jony Ive designed something poorly - say the hole in a piece of aluminium was off-centre and wouldn't fit, do you think he'd just say "Ah, that'll do"? No, he'd start again and fix it. With text, this is a 5 second task - utterly trivial, and for someone to waltz along and criticise someone for pointing out ambiguous grammar, well that is plain idiotic.

Meaning something and effectively conveying that meaning are entirely different things. Anyhow, lest we prolong this redundancy, I see no further fruitful reason to discuss it.

OS X 10.11.1 Update - Had to redo NVIDIA fix in plist for iMac15,1

Only one minor problem with the update,

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

was changed back to original setting for the iMac15,1 and I had to modify it to get my video back

Link to fixit script, just in case anyone needs it.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/174339-anyone-using-imac-15-1-4790k-z97x-nvidia-graphic-card-10-11-elcapitan.html

Quick Instructions:
1. Boot to single user mode
2. Mount / read-write
3. Run script
4. Reboot

Viola!

Also, it never asked me to re-authenticate to app store/icloud like others reported.

Only one minor problem with the update,

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

was changed back to original setting for the iMac15,1 and I had to modify it to get my video back

Link to fixit script, just in case anyone needs it.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/174339-anyone-using-imac-15-1-4790k-z97x-nvidia-graphic-card-10-11-elcapitan.html

Quick Instructions:
1. Boot to single user mode
2. Mount / read-write
3. Run script
4. Reboot

Viola!

Also, it never asked me to re-authenticate to app store/icloud like others reported.

Ah, viola!

Viola_d'amore.jpg

Worked perfectly using App store update.

Thanks guys for your great work !!!

when i performed the 10.11.1 update process my AMD HD 5450 won't work and i tried to reinstall the kext but nothing changed so i reinstalled the os is there any way to make the card work with the update

I update and everything works perfect!!!!

What i do??

1-I downloaded OS 10.11.1 Update
2-I downloaded Nvidia web driver 346.03.03f01 (to my Geforce GTX 970)
3-I installed the OS 10.11.1 Update
4-reset
5-I added on Clover boot Flags: cpus=1, nv_disable=1 to start
6-I installed Nvidia web driver 346.03.03f01 (to my Geforce GTX 970)
7-I rebooted and ready, without any problem

Sound works, network works, usb 2 works , USB 3 works, HDMI works.

Thanks Tony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back