ASUS B85M-G
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Dear jbamford, talha3421,

Thanks for your helpful suggestions. I was able to boot successfully and updated the web drivers drivers for nVidia... all seems well now... love this forum for quick replies and helpful suggestions.

Motherboard
Zotac Z77 ITX
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
updated via software update, reboot unsuccessful, booted in safe mode, restarted and all is well, did not have to reload anything.......

zotac motherboard

G4 Quicksilver Mac, I5 3570K, GT 640 2GB

only issue so far no wifi , have not looked into the issue yet, since i use a lan connection

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
You are mis-quoting the pre-edited tutorial text; it actually read: "no changes may be necessary", and, had it not been possibly ambiguous, the OP wouldn't have been edited to clarify, would it?

Yes, I can be pedantic if need be, and if I find something to be possibly confusing (without it needing to be) I shall mention it. It's called having an eye for details, and I didn't whine and gripe like many people would, I politely and kindly suggested it could be (and was) a potential source of confusion, and now it's fixed. If Jony Ive designed something poorly - say the hole in a piece of aluminium was off-centre and wouldn't fit, do you think he'd just say "Ah, that'll do"? No, he'd start again and fix it. With text, this is a 5 second task - utterly trivial, and for someone to waltz along and criticise someone for pointing out ambiguous grammar, well that is plain idiotic.

Meaning something and effectively conveying that meaning are entirely different things. Anyhow, lest we prolong this redundancy, I see no further fruitful reason to discuss it.

Thank you so much for your insistence on correct language!!
I'm facing the same issues in my nativ language German – nobody seems to use it correctly nowadays ...
Even if I understand English very good on a daily basis, "minor" inaccuracies can be distracting, if not confusing.
Keep going!

Greetings and best wishes
Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.