Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I still have a problem with network.

It worked before update but now I cannot get address through DHCP. Even manual setup not work even in SysPref shows I am connected, I cannot reach even local devices. I checked router and it gets DHCP request and it is offering IP address to OSX but nothing happening at OSX side, still getting address from 169.254.x.x pool. I tried re-applying AppleIntelE1000e kext, re-download other version, reboot without and then with kext. I tried what works to guys in this tread also but not luck.

Battling with it two days so any idea or anything is appreciated.

Thanks,
Pearlus

Try putting your ethernet driver in the EFI partition, specifically under /CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11. Then use clover configurator to change InjectKexts to YES. This worked for me.

"InjectKexts = yes" means that kexts from EFI/CLOVER/10.11 will be used ?

Does anybody knows why my Hackintosh boots faster when booting from the USB (about 2-3 seconds) compared when booting directly from my SSD (about 15 - 30 seconds)?

Everything works perfectly. It's just the boot time that confuses me. I have the same config.plist from my USB/EFi and SSD/EFI.

Hi,

I updated my Mac Pro 5,1 with a 980ti to 10.11.1 recently.

The problem I have now is that the video card doesn't produce any video signal anymore, I think it's because the nvidia web drivers drivers are incompatible.

Is there a way yo update the drivers without using the Video card? I have kind of a chicken egg problem now, because I can't install the drivers without seeing anything on the screen and I can't see anything on the screen without updating the drivers D:

Can you boot with bootarg nv_disable=1? In my experience that enables the laggy/choppy default OS X drivers, which work well enough for you to install the web drivers.

If not, try setting up screen sharing. Perhaps you can do it by blind typing via Terminal, if you open Terminal from Spotlight? The Internet would know.

It's the build number.

Open About This Mac and click where it says Version.

.View attachment 158308

Found, it is here:
nIAROj6.jpg

Yup. Good thing you can roll back to 10.11.1 using the combo updater and editing /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist
Thanks man for the tip, I don't have big issue right now only when I turn it on at the first time in the morning it goes black then I have to restart again then goes normal.

4540S in signature.

Updated Clover, clicked update...

Came back 20 minutes later to the "Enter your AppleID" screen.

Seamless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back