Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10 Yosemite unveiled at WWDC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone decrying the changes in these yearly updates, would you rather have an entirely new O/S every 4 to 6 years like MS does and risk having something like the Redmond massive failures that seem to occur every other release?

Win98 - OK
Win2000 - Fail
Win XP - OK
Win Vista - Fail
Win 7 - OK
Win 8 - Fail
Win 8.1 - Fail-ish

I'd rather see more frequent and less intrusive changes, along with support being added for new hardware.

Looks sharp. The IOS Handoff features would be very useful to me, provided my iPhone on wifi can talk to my hackintosh on ethernet. They are claiming that Safari will now have the fastest javascript performance of any browser, another reason to go for the upgrade (I'm sure they won't push that Safari upgrade down to older versions of OS X, although that makes no sense).

I really don't understand why people are bashing. Before your bash, please read the changes: it's a well-needed and wonderfully packed update. A lot of good stuff in there and I'm legitimately excited for it.

And it's FREE, how can you spit on free upgrades? Yes our systems will be unstable for a while but even if we had real Macs it would be the same story.

I'll surely try to upgrade to a beta later this summer as well but I'm a bit afraid to do so since I don't have another mac anymore to restore dmg's on usb keys (for install) and debug, etc. But I guess you peeps will have plenty of alternate ideas if I ever come into trouble haha

just like Ive been doing since lion I'll wait until 10.10.2. I switched to lion when it was 10.7.2, switched to ML when it was 10.8.2 and switched to mavericks when it was 10.9.2. besides my system is slidely old(in my profile) don't know it can handle 10.10 but running mavericks smoothly or maybe time to upgrade/a new system. btw if I upgrade to 10.10 I'll probably use it with dark mode too. I don't like much iosish UI and icons look ugly just like on ios 7 and ios 8.

I've been running since 10.8.4 on my hackintosh without a single problem updates and all. Would love to get 10.10 working on my hackintosh. If not, time to sell this puppy and getmyself a iMac. I'd do it just for the continuity features alone.

Here Here..
i Loved the challenge of getting osx working on my hacks but once it was up and running i was too lazy to maintain it. I sold both of them and got a mac pro.HOWEVER i don't think id do that JUST for 10.10

AS far as 10.10 goes YES the Dock looks like POO, and i will not be installing it on my mac pro.I hate the icons in iOS 7 and will not be wanting them in my OS. BAH!! That designer guy needs to be FIRED!!

I will probably install it on my macbook pro though :) i don't care if that looks like poo since its not a retina.

Question: will those transpareny effects and such use up more ram/Graphics horsepower? kind of like the jump from XP to Vista?

The Dock really sucks. I mean really really bad. It'd be nice if we had the choice between the two and not be strong armed into it. I believe even windows have people the option to revert back to classic view

The Dock really sucks. I mean really really bad. It'd be nice if we had the choice between the two and not be strong armed into it. I believe even windows have people the option to revert back to classic view

Perhaps an app like Onyx will enable a dock appearance that better suits your preferences?

I can't wait for this :)
I use my hackintosh for web development and design, and yet I still want to update~
I like the new dock, though I've been using the current dock on the left side so it's not that much new to me. Some of the icons look quite nice like the new finder, reminder, or calendar. The music one is meh, but it's better than iTune's current one. Most of the default ones will be switched out for me though so it doesn't really matter much.
All in all, come fall!

Am I the only who is actually ok with how Mavericks looks right now?
Now they change the interface which make the system looks like iOS7..And I think it may never come back..,.
Sigh.><

Don't get me wrong, I do like the new os x.
But I just feel they should cut out all the fancy things, keep it simple, and efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back