Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10 Yosemite unveiled at WWDC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree, I think lots of people like me who need to work with their hackintoshes don't even wanna try Mavericks because there's too much headaches, so " No way ! " is the word !

Agreed.
I work with my Hachintosh.
No games.
I don't really care of all this stupid run.
I've spent 3 months following all the issues up and now, that it's up and running great, guess what?
New OS.
Sure...
I need my system to be stable and fast.
I'm gonna stick with my Hack as it is for a looooong time now.
Cheers.

So are we going to see a new OS every year like the iPhone now? Don't get me wrong I get why they did it. Mavericks was just a step in their new direction and Yosemite is supposed to be kind of what it was leading to with more iOS intergration and such. But I hope this doesnt mean that for those who like to upgrade now are going to have to wait even longer for their systems to be finished.

Was there any news of when this might be releasing publicly? and anyone have a guess as to how long after its released well start getting hack guides? I'm one of those people that likes to be up to date at all times hah =P

I think I'm going to be adventurous and upgrade when Yosemite comes out. Might even try the beta later this summer as I'm part of the OS X public beta program.

And I too am going to the dark side of Yosemite

Fast changes may not be good sometimes but no one is going to screw their perfectly working hack by upgrading it to the latest software.

I am sure many here owns a test kit or a test harddrive/partition which is dedicated for testing these new and exiting stuff.

Totally agree, I think lots of people like me who need to work with their hackintoshes don't even wanna try Mavericks because there's too much headaches, so " No way ! " is the word !

Strange, I've started my Hackintosh journey with 10.8.4 and I've been able to use pretty much every update almost on day one. Without issues that is. And yes, I do perform work with the thing, that's why I built it in the first place.

I'm not saying that os updates fail everytime. :)

What I'm trying to say is : To me, many hackintoshers who managed to get a fully working/stable build don't wanna try to update because they fear to screw everything. Even if they have backups etc...
In particular when you need a specific software ( Pro Tools in my case ) which is well known to cause issues with OSX 10.9 .

My two cents.

I've been running since 10.8.4 on my hackintosh without a single problem updates and all. Would love to get 10.10 working on my hackintosh. If not, time to sell this puppy and getmyself a iMac. I'd do it just for the continuity features alone.

Strange, I've started my Hackintosh journey with 10.8.4 and I've been able to use pretty much every update almost on day one.

You missed all the fun we had in the 10.4.x days ...

Apple spent too many years to decide that MacOS Tiger's dock was better. ))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back