OS X 10.10 Yosemite on ASUS P8H67-M PRO

Discussion in 'Yosemite Desktop Guides' started by Quallibob, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Quallibob

Quallibob

Motherboard:
    ASUS P8H67 M-PRO B3 Revision, patched BIOS v.3904
    CPU:
    i3 Sandy Bridge
    Graphics:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6850
    Mac:
    MacBook
    Mobile Phone:
    iOS
    Oct 25, 2014 at 2:26 PM #1
    Quallibob

Quallibob

Motherboard:
    ASUS P8H67 M-PRO B3 Revision, patched BIOS v.3904
    CPU:
    i3 Sandy Bridge
    Graphics:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6850
    Mac:
    MacBook
    Mobile Phone:
    iOS
    Hi guys,

since I got this running last night with sleep working for the first time, I decided to write down what I did here for both you and me. I did not use a DSDT.

These are my specs:
    MB: ASUS P8H67-M PRO (B3 Revision; patched BIOS 3904)
    Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850
    Processor: Intel i3 Sandy Bridge
    Storage: -1x 128GB SSD (with boot loader and system on it)
    -1x 2TB HDD (with Windows and data on it)

I won't explain how to install and boot using Unibeast for the first time, I guess there are enough great guides out there.
    The only thing I'd like to mention is: I didn't have a >8GB USB stick handy so I decided to use my 1TB external HDD. Somehow Unibeast refused it, it only worked after I repartitioned it into one 10GB and one 990GB Mac OS Extended (Journaled) using MBR, AND UNMOUNTED THE BIGGER ONE.

1. Flash BIOS. This is quite a convenient way of allowing native power management, though it's always risky. You are doing this on your own risk, as I did on mine.
    You can do this from Windows or from Mac OS X using UEFIPatch, which is available for both platforms here. It allows your Hackintosh to run with vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.
    1.1. Get the newest BIOS ROM P8H67-M-PRO-ASUS-3904.ROM and patch ist using UEFIPatch or download the already patched one from this post and continue with step 1.4..
    1.2. If you decided to patch for yourself: Put the original ROM in your downloaded UEFIPatch_0 folder, open up Terminal, navigate to the UEFIPatch_0 folder and run
    Code:
    ./UEFIPatch P8H67-M-PRO-ASUS-3904.ROM
    Your output should look like this:
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-10-25 um 14.14.04.png
    1.3. Rename the output file so that it ends with .ROM (e.g. P8H67-M-PRO-ASUS-3904-PATCHED.ROM)
    1.4. Format or use an already formatted FAT32 USB stick / HDD / etc. It does not need to be entirely empty!
    1.5. Copy your patched ROM onto the FAT32 storage.
    1.6. Reboot, press DEL, enter Setup, enter Advanced Setup, choose Tab "Applications", choose "E.Z. Flash Utility"
    1.7. Select your patched BIOS ROM, confirm reading, confirm flashing, reboot (again using your Unibeast disk, you don't have a boot loader installed yet!)

2. Multibeast.
    Choose the following in Multibeast:
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-10-25 um 14.37.53.png

Of course don't choose TRIM enabler if you don't have an SSD!
    Apply everything.

3. Graphics card injection
    You'll need Kext Utility from here
    I'm not 100% sure if it is absolutely necessary to get the graphics card recognized as Radeon HD 6850 instead of Radeon HD 6xxx but I think it's worth a try and if you follow the steps exactly, there's not much what can go wrong. Thanks to projectass for the tip!
    Code:
    [COLOR=#000000]1) run in terminal «sudo chflags -R nohidden /System/Library/Extensions/AMD6000Controller.kext»[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]2) copy AMD6000Controller.kext to Desktop[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]3) «Show Package Contents» and open «Info.plist»[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]4) Add value «0x673e1002» in section IOKitPersonalities/Controller/IOPCIMatch[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]5) Apply this kext with Kext Utility[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]6) PROFIT! [/COLOR]:)

I also added a second value that I found using System Profiler -> Graphics. My vendor ID was also 1002, but my device ID was slightly different, so I added that one, too. Well, see and find for yourself.

4. Short intermission
    Careful: You remember putting "UseKernelCache=Yes" into your boot configuration? This speeds up the boot process extremely by building an archive of all loadable kexts and extracting this instead of loading each kext separately. Our problem is, that Apple started "kext signing" with Yosemite. That means if we rebuild the kernel cache right now, all kexts which are not signed by Apple (like, you can guess, FakeSMC for example :p) won't be in that package. We need to boot in "kext-dev-mode", kext developer mode (remember putting this in, too?), which allows unsigned kexts to be loaded and also to be put into kernel cache.

So on your next reboot, it is important to boot with "UseKernelCache=No"

5. Reboot using UseKernelCache=No

6. Now rebuild the kernel cache by opening Terminal and typing:
    Code:
    [FONT=Monaco]kextcache -prelinked-kernel System/Library/Caches/com.[/FONT][FONT=Monaco]apple.kext.caches/Startup/[/FONT][FONT=Monaco]kernelcache -K System/Library/Kernels/kernel System/Library/Extensions [/FONT]
    In case you're confused by / interested in those many many commands for recreating kernel caches, kext caches, mkexts etc. wtf floating around the interwebs, you may take a look here.

7. That's it. Up to now, everything is working quite well, including shutdown, reboot, sleep, LAN, Audio (didn't check HDMI Audio though).

kift likes this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  2. cymac

cymac

Motherboard:
    ASUS V8-P8H67E
    CPU:
    i7 3770
    Graphics:
    HD4000
    Mobile Phone:
    Android
    Oct 26, 2014 at 6:32 AM #2
    cymac

cymac

Motherboard:
    ASUS V8-P8H67E
    CPU:
    i7 3770
    Graphics:
    HD4000
    Mobile Phone:
    Android
    Could you reattach 109742. I'm not able to access it.

Thanks

3. keith123

keith123

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:08 AM #3
    keith123

keith123

Hi,

If I do not want to use patched BIOS, which kext should I install? My MacOS boot successfully (though without audit) when I use the old BIOS v1xxx, but once I upgrade to v3904, It cannot boot without the "-x" flag, and some backtrace error is shown as in the image

Attached Files:

• IMG_5611.jpg  (872.2 KB, 603 views)
  4. cymac

cymac

Motherboard:
    ASUS V8-P8H67E
    CPU:
    i7 3770
    Graphics:
    HD4000
    Mobile Phone:
    Android
    Oct 28, 2014 at 5:51 AM #4
    cymac

cymac

Motherboard:
    ASUS V8-P8H67E
    CPU:
    i7 3770
    Graphics:
    HD4000
    Mobile Phone:
    Android
  5. Barlo

Barlo

Oct 28, 2014 at 6:59 PM #5
    Barlo

Barlo

Hi, I have one problem, I have the same motherboard and the same specifications MultiBeast, but I still get the beep sounds or sound "right.":rolleyes: Can anyone help? Thank you :)

6. keith123

keith123

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:17 PM #6
    keith123

keith123

For some unknown reason, I fix my issue by adding a flag "dart=0"!
    It is a bit weird because according to documentation, this flag Disables the VT-d virtualization technology.
    However, I double checked that the option has been disabled in BIOS...

Anyway, anyone got the same kernel panic, you can try adding this flag during startup!

7. cymac

cymac

Motherboard:
    ASUS V8-P8H67E
    CPU:
    i7 3770
    Graphics:
    HD4000
    Mobile Phone:
    Android
    Oct 31, 2014 at 3:39 PM #7
    cymac

cymac

Motherboard:
    ASUS V8-P8H67E
    CPU:
    i7 3770
    Graphics:
    HD4000
    Mobile Phone:
    Android
    For one reason or another the BIOS VT-d setting is ignored. ASUS have also messed up their BIOS updates for this motherboard and many are stuck on older versions of the BIOS.

-cymac