Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Enable Trim via new method open terminal and type the following command "sudo trimforce enable"without quotes answer yes to the questions and shazam computer will reboot you have trim enabled

I have a question, if anyone can answer please do.

I have TRIM enabled by using an on-the-fly kext patch with Clover. I'm assuming I can remove this patch and use the trimforce method instead now. Do I assume correctly? If so, is it as simple as removing the patch from my Clover config.plist file, then running the trimforce command above and rebooting?

I had to reinstall the sound kext with apple HDA 1, 2 and the graphics drivers but it works fine now. Didn't have to reenable trim.

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2015-08-15 at 17.28.04.png

After the update (and after installing the updated nVidia Web Drivers) I'm no longer able to boot my system with both monitors attached. I have to disconnect my main monitor as the system will keep rebooting if I don't disconnect it.

I can power on my main monitor after having logged on to the system and everything seems to be working well from that point on.

My system consists of an Asus Z87 DeLuxe Quad with an nVidia GTX 980 graphics card and 2 monitors. A Samsung SyncMaster 305T and an LG 31MU97 (this is the one I have to disconnect in order to be able to boot).

You should be fine re-moving Clover Trim Patch and using Apples Trim Force. I have noticed that apples Trim Patch survived after the 10.10.5 update :thumbup:

You should be fine re-moving Clover Trim Patch and using Apples Trim Force. I have noticed that apples Trim Patch survived after the 10.10.5 update :thumbup:
Is it necessary to have them both? or one of the methods should be enough?

Smooth update. Lost sound but not Trim. Graphics driver reverted to the OS X driver. Multibeast re-run and recovered sound. Installed nVidia Graphics driver 346.02.03f01 and the OS likes it. No problems so far. :thumbup:

Updated through the App Store, reinstalled audio drivers with Multibeast 4.7.1, and restarted. Forgot to repair permissions at the beginning, only did it at the end. Complete success, everything works. This was a very easy update.

Intel Core i7-2600
EVGA GTX 660ti
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Motherboard

System Report still lists super speedy 0 MHz RAM:

Edit: Fixed, now everything is working correctly.

Details in the thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hardware-...epts-0-mhz-ram-memory-module.html#post1086929

I attached an image of the System info after the change.

Attachments

• Mac OS X 10.10.5 OMhz Memory.tiff
    68.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Mac OS X 10.10.5 OMHz fixed.tiff
    69.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back