Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update worked out great. Didn't have to do anything but just update Nvidia web driver.
Specs - Asus Z97M-Plus. Graphics - GTX 750 ti
Clover user - Thanks to switching from chimera to Clover, computer runs perfect.

Extremely smooth update with my main build (Z77X-UD5H + 3770K + GTX680). Clover patches worked as before (TRIM and audio), so almost a real Mac's update, being the only difference that it is a Hackintosh. :headbang:

Thanks again to this community!

Both X58A-UD7 and Z68AP b3 running with no issues.

X58A-UD3-r v2, Xeon 5650, ATI/XFX 5770 single-slot w/ ACD 27" LED

Updated via App Store, running smooth. Didn't even bother to do anything about audio or run the latest version of MB since I just use the display's audio (USB, I believe).

Running chameleon because Clover seems like too much trouble on this legacy build (that scores ~20K in Geekbench still!).

Intel NUC D54250WYK updated through MAS without issue.

Cheers!

Hi there I broke my NUC while updating via app store. It restarted and got stuck on the grey screen with the darker apple.

Any advice?!

Success!!

Update via combo update from 10.10.4

With bootloader installed on EFI partition isn't necessary more work. I think there is possible to update system via App Store without problem.

Thanks Tonymac!

* MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H rev 1.1 - CPU: 3770k @4,3ghz - System Profile: Mac Pro 3,1

----EDIT-----

Necessary to reenable Trim Patch from Multibeast

Hi, I've just updated from 10.10.1 directly to 10.10.5 via AppStore, but now the System stop loading after the half of the grey bar. What can I do now?

Boot using safe mode and verbose boot (-x -v) from the chimera screen. If booting sticks then take a good clean photograph and post in the Yosemite desktop support section for assistance:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/

Make sure that your profile accurately reflects the hardware that you are using or you might wait a long time to get relevant help.

Thank you, now the System starts, but there are some little short graphic bugs. The Update Installation is complete now, can I use the System normal now?
Update: No, it still not works. I will set a post with pictures to the help site here.

Thank you, now the System starts, but there are some little short graphic bugs. The Update Installation is complete now, can I use the System normal now?

Use disk Utility in Applications > System utilities to repair permissions. Then reboot. If it will not boot without any additional flags like -v -x then post in Yosemite > Desktop support. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back