Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
-x nv_disable=1 got me to boot after the update, then I could install the driver for my GTX 970. After that I installed the new driver and notice a big improvement in performance. 70 fps vs. 55 in the previous setup/driver.

It's great to be able to use this forum and update pretty easy. Thanks everyone!

Aris

* GA-Z77-DS3H + Intel HD4000 Gfx + OS X 10.10.4 Update SUCCESS ! *

• Updated from OS X 10.10.0 direct to OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite
  • Repaired Permission first then ran the OS X Update via the App Store
  • Didn't re-patch a thing thanks to Clover (Realtek ALC887 & TRIM working as before !)
I am running Multibeast, so I needed to rerun it after the 10.10.4 update. My motherboard (z97m+) uses the same codec.

I have sound working, but instead of connecting to the normal green connector, I connect to the brown one (labeled center/sub). (Motherboard has the 5,1 output).

Previous to the update, I got sound out of the black connector. (Still odd, as it is labeled "rear") And when I am in windows, sound works as expected out the green connector, (which is the primary front left/right).

edit: Ran multibeast again. I picked the HDA enabler with 5,1. I rebooted. I fixed permissions as described in post #2. Sound working through normal green connector.

Install went okay. I still get audio drops during video playback. It can be a quicktime file, or a video from youtube audio is fine then it just drops and I lose a second or two of audio.

I tried the Audio instruction by toleda.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html#post886744

Using:

1. MultiBeast 7.4
2.Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > √ ALC892
3. plus Optional HDAEnabler (kext) > √ Audio ID: 1

Not sure what to try next???? Had this problem on Mavericks also. The hardware is okay because the system is dual booted and I don't have this problem with Windows 8.1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

System::

CustoMac Pro Socket 2011GA-X79-UP4i7-4930K
EVGA GeForce GTX 760
Samsung 256GB SSD 840 EVO
32GB Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3-1600

Last edited:
Everytime i try to update i won't boot up after the update reboot... Don't know what's wrong... :banghead:Sometimes it boots when i type "-x" on bootup, but i doesn't work everytime. Anyone else that have this problem?

This update caused my Wake On Lan to stop working. It was working fine in 10.10.3. Has anyone else had an issue with this?

I followed the instruction on post #2

My configuration has a Gforce 750Ti, so after install the update and reboot i got the screen frozen while charging the progress bar.

I had to get back to the onboard graphics of my GA-Z97 with "GraphicsEnabler=No -x maxmem=4096" to get login and complete the yosemite update. Other ways drive me to kernel panic.

After that, put again the gforce750Ti and boot with only "-x" to be able to login again into yosemite. Install the beta drivers for Nvidia 10.10.4 Yosemite and reboot.

All ok after that, one hour of wandering but i need it to use xcode beta!!! Thanks to all!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back