Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't use the ProBook Installer, but the same solutions that I use personally are generally implemented by the ProBook Installer, even if there is a bit of delay in picking up updates that I make.
Thanks for helping me understand; thanks for all your efforts. Without hackintosh experience, without further assistance I had my Probook running within 1 day. This is due to all excellent information and tools.

Looked at nasty warning from Apple about trimforce and decided not to.
"Use of this tool to enable TRIM may result in unintended data loss or data corruption."

Will wait a bit, full TimeMachine backup of all drives first . . .

i honestly don't see there's any practical difference between TRIMFORCE and the TRIM patch back then, and if anything the TRIMFORCE should be more universally compatible than an unofficial mod.

Hi i have same videocard, cpu, a little diference MB, but all i got is black screen, after i did all the thing same as you.

Back!

I solved the problem, i changed the profile from iMac 15.1 to Macpro 3.1 and is booting fine without blackscreen.

Tip: Don't use the iMac15,1 and Mac Pro 4,1/5.1/6.1 System Definitions. These SysDefs have been found to cause problems. For Haswell builds, toleda recommends iMac 14,1 for HD4000/46000 and iMac14,2 for graphics cards. :thumbup:

Is there a reason to use system def 14,2 when using haswell with a graphic card? i've been using the 14,1 but i had dual GTX cards should i switch?
toleda recommended the settings in a guide of his - search for it if you courious. However, no need to change your SysDef from iMac14,1 if it's working for you - "don't fix what's not broken" comes to mind. :thumbup:

Worked no problems, i had boot with nv_disavle=1 GraphicsEnabler=No , Installed Nvidia web drivers rebooted , i didn't have to install audio or anything else

Untitled.jpg

Upgrade worked without an issue. Had to re-install audio drivers and that was all.

However, there seems to be an issue in 10.10.4 with Auto Sleep. I can put my hack to sleep manually. But it won't auto sleep anymore.

pmset -g assertions
2015-07-03 16:36:32 -0400
Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 0
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 1
NetworkClientActive 0
Listed by owning process:
pid 88(mDNSResponder): [0x0000025a000101c3] 00:17:04 NoIdleSleepAssertion named: "mDNSResponder.88 en1 does not support NetWake"
Kernel Assertions: 0xc=USB,BT-HID
id=500 level=255 0x4=USB mod=7/3/15, 4:12 PM description=XHC1 owner=AppleUSBXHCI
id=505 level=255 0x8=BT-HID mod=12/31/69, 7:00 PM description=com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver owner=AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back