Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update from 10.10.3 went well, but afterward tried to download the full OS Installer from the App Store, and it went on forever. Activity Monitor showed the iTunes store was active! I killed the iTunes Store process, but the gear kept rotating... and on... and on. Gave up. Does anyone know what's going on? :?:

I'm in a similar situation with my ProBook 4540s thats using clover. I went to update this morning, but had to cancel. Went back later and while I can press update, it never starts just the gear spinning in the top left, the checking for update gear is spinning as well. I've let it go for hours and nothing. Shutting down and restarting didn't seem to do anything. I know the new version of iTunes is now supposed to be apart of the update and thats not showing, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 10.00.58 PM.png

Followed Stork's instructions to a T, with hardware listed in my profile. Works perfectly! Thank you all.

I'm making the move now on a Z77-DS3H Core i7 3770 GTX 760 updating from Mavericks straight to Yosemite 10.10.4 apple has done discovered process which fixes issues with iMessage also.ill keep you updated guys ill be using clover so lets have some fun

I updated normally, had to use nv_disable=1 to boot, installed new beta web drivers and I got no display! lol

I have a Gigabyte GTX 970, the Graphic Card is detected perfectly, but no displays. Im using HD4600 for the moment.

Weird though, I have seen several 970 users saying all working without a problem.

I use Clover to enable TRIM and it is still activated after the update.

Code:
[FONT=Menlo] <dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <key>Find</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                QVBQTEUgU1NEAA==[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                </data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <key>Name</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <key>Replace</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                AAAAAAAAAAAAAA==[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]</dict>[/FONT]

TRIM Enabler says, TRIM is working. Do I need to disable the Clover Patch and use the new method, or can I just leave it like this?

Thanks

I use Clover to enable TRIM and it is still activated after the update.

Code:
[FONT=Menlo] <dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <key>Find</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                QVBQTEUgU1NEAA==[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <key>Name</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <key>Replace</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                AAAAAAAAAAAAAA==[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]</dict>[/FONT]

TRIM Enabler says, TRIM is working. Do I need to disable the Clover Patch and use the new method, or can I just leave it like this?

Thanks

Either way, your choice. Clover patch is more universal if you're multibooting older versions of OS X.

Probably the easiest and cleanest update I've ever done. Updated in the Mac App Store and from what I can tell, I didn't have to re-install anything at all. Everything seems good.

I'm using Clover on a ProBook 4530s, for those with the same machine who are curious about the update.

I fear that my hackintosh is going to be moving into the hobby column and I will have to purchase a Mac Pro for work. My hackPRO has been a work horse since I built it almost three years ago, but every update, these days, have me holding my breath and crossing my fingers to no avail. Inevitably I'm left with an hour or two of research on how to get it working again. Unfortunately this update was no exception. Here is what I went through:

1) Followed Storks excellent instructions
a.) repair permisions
b.) back up
c.) download latest MultiBeast
d.) MAS - OS X update
e.) Re-boot

2.) Computer starts the re-boot/install process hangs
3.) Power off computer (holding power button)
4.) Boot - In no problem
5.) Download Combo update
6.) Try to install. Computer starts the re-boot/install process and hangs
7.) Boot into 10.9.5 internal SSD install Combo update. Installs successfully
8.) Delete appropriate files for sysdef mac pro 5,1
9.) Run latest MultiBeast and install audio drivers and latest Cimera boot loader
10.) Shut down computer (software)
11.) Boot computer - hangs, screen goes black then re-boots. This starts a continual loop
12.) Shut down computer (power button)
13.) Boot using -v flag and discover hang is at AppleKextExcludeList.kext
14.) Found help here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...kextexcludelist-kext-black-screen-reboot.html
15.) Deleted kext completely
16.) Computer boots normally and shuts down normally (10.10.4)

Question?
Are there nasty things that that kext protects us from and if so should I just go line by line and remove everything that refers to what we use on our hacks?

I have been using a Hackintosh as my primary system since Leopard and tonymacx86.com is a fantastic resource with a great community. I can not recall ever posting before but thought someone might benefit from a quick note on my experience with updating from 10.10.3 to 10.10.4.

If you have a build similar to mine (see my profile) follow Stork's guide and make sure to download the beta version 346.01.03b01 of the Nvidia Web Drivers prior to updating. I personally used the App Store to update this time. After installing the update and rebooting for the first time if you have a Maxwell card add nv_disable=1 (posted by jasonwbarnett and others. It works in Chimera as well). Graphics will be crazy until you install the Beta Nvidia Web Drivers and Reboot. Follow the rest of Stork's guide to fix things like audio. It is working great for me. Thank you to everyone in this fantastic community.

I had a lot of problems with 10.10.2, just cant install kexts with 10.10.3, and now with clean install 10.10.4 was pretty easy to install alc892 kext (still working after sleep mode with multibeast for mavericks), and wifi kext. Im very happy. I have z87m-d3h mainboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back