Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note, TRIM can be enabled with all 3rd party SSDs by using the new 'trimforce enable' command via terminal after updating to 10.10.4.

1. Open Terminal
2. Type

Code:
sudo trimforce enable

3. Enter password
4. Reboot system

All good so far, :headbang: slight question on the use of trimforce.

I have other SSDs that are NTFS with some Windows versions on them. Given a careful read of the warning given when running trimforce, can anyone confirm that any other SSD drives remain untouched if trimforce is used via Terminal please?

Thanks in advance

No problems with app store update. Everything tested so far works.

All good so far, :headbang: slight question on the use of trimforce.

I have other SSD's that are NTFS with some Windows versions on them. Given a careful read of the warning given when running trimforce, can anyone confirm that any other SSD drives remain untouched if trimforce is used via Terminal please?

Thanks in advance

trimforce, just like the trim patch, will affect all SSDs in the system.

But since OS X doesn't support writing to NTFS volumes, it seems unlikely it will be sending an TRIM commands as they might relate to the those NTFS volumes. If the same SSD as HFS+J volumes on it, then of course, either method of enabling trim will be sending TRIM commands to the device as it relates to those HFS+J volumes.

Thank you RehabMan

Cheers! :thumbup:

EDIT: Now replying from NTFS drive :). In my instance, no NTFS drives on my system were affected by using trimforce. Thanks again

Last edited:
Please help!

after update so loading, but also black screen

Hi,

When I try to update the command line tools, I get an error unable to verify download and it asks for me to apply the update again, and same thing happens when I try to download it again and again.

Anyone else has this issue, and is there a way to fix it?

Is there any download link where i can download the command line tools like the 10.10.4 combo update?

Thanks

I was unable to boot my machine after the update due to my graphics card (GeForce GTX 970). In order to resolve the issue I used the nv_disable=1 (clover) option and booted into the Mac OS X. I then installed the beta NVIDIA drivers and restarted. Everything was all good after that.

Beta drivers:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/ipgCkMiRhadhtNldetR3gz0e8zu7KdF2/WebDriver-346.01.03b01.pkg

UPDATE:
Since posting this NVIDIA has released new drivers. I used the built in NVIDIA Driver Manager (System Preferences) to grab the latest updates.

Link to new drivers (NOTE: I didn't verify this link since I used NVIDIA Driver Manager): http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/346.01.03f01/WebDriver-346.01.03f01.pkg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back