CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been using a Hackintosh as my primary system since Leopard and tonymacx86.com is a fantastic resource with a great community. I can not recall ever posting before but thought someone might benefit from a quick note on my experience with updating from 10.10.3 to 10.10.4.

If you have a build similar to mine (see my profile) follow Stork's guide and make sure to download the beta version 346.01.03b01 of the Nvidia Web Drivers prior to updating. I personally used the App Store to update this time. After installing the update and rebooting for the first time if you have a Maxwell card add nv_disable=1 (posted by jasonwbarnett and others. It works in Chimera as well). Graphics will be crazy until you install the Beta Nvidia Web Drivers and Reboot. Follow the rest of Stork's guide to fix things like audio. It is working great for me. Thank you to everyone in this fantastic community.

Motherboard
Asus k53sd
CPU
intel core i5
Graphics
nvidea
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I had a lot of problems with 10.10.2, just cant install kexts with 10.10.3, and now with clean install 10.10.4 was pretty easy to install alc892 kext (still working after sleep mode with multibeast for mavericks), and wifi kext. Im very happy. I have z87m-d3h mainboard.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770
Graphics
GIGABYTE G1 GTX 960 Gamer 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Nvidia just released Web Driver Version 346.01.03f01 for 10.10.4

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3
CPU
Q9550
Graphics
GT640
Nice to see mDNSResponder coming back :)

Anyone knows if we still need the -DisableSleepProxyClient option to prevent the wake every two hours?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Just did the update...
unfortunately I can only boot in safe mode.
Regular or Verbose ends up at a black screen with spinning beach ball, sometimes it doesn't even get past the loading bar when booting normally.
It's usually been problems with the Radeon 7750 in the past... will try without that GPU switching to internal Graphics...

Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i3-6320
Graphics
GTX 750
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Tony....i tried installing the trimforce but all my disks are showning as externals.....
I disable it by :sudo trimforce disable
and after restart,my disks where showing internal...
I installed trim patch for 10.10.3 from Multibeast 7.3 and now trim support is Yes from the system information....
Is this really working or should i do something with the trimforce???
thank you

same problem with ga-h61-usb3 thanks for tip, and if your system profiler shows trim is working i think this mean trim is working :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Just did the update...
unfortunately I can only boot in safe mode.
Regular or Verbose ends up at a black screen with spinning beach ball, sometimes it doesn't even get past the loading bar when booting normally.
It's usually been problems with the Radeon 7750 in the past... will try without that GPU switching to internal Graphics...

Still not working even with internal Graphics. Can't tell what's wrong :(

Motherboard
Asus Hero X Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
2x RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
all good updating through appstore on Asus p8z68-vpro gen3 patched, with GTX 960 ... hanged on the grey screen with progression bar after restart so booted with nv_disable=1 (using chameleon) and updated nvidia drivers throughthe nvidia control panel

Status
Not open for further replies.