Core i3-3110M
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Update from 10.10.3 went well, but afterward tried to download the full OS Installer from the App Store, and it went on forever. Activity Monitor showed the iTunes store was active! I killed the iTunes Store process, but the gear kept rotating... and on... and on. Gave up. Does anyone know what's going on? :?:

I'm in a similar situation with my ProBook 4540s thats using clover. I went to update this morning, but had to cancel. Went back later and while I can press update, it never starts just the gear spinning in the top left, the checking for update gear is spinning as well. I've let it go for hours and nothing. Shutting down and restarting didn't seem to do anything. I know the new version of iTunes is now supposed to be apart of the update and thats not showing, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 10.00.58 PM.png

Motherboard
GA-Z97N WIFI
CPU
Core i5-4690K
Graphics
Geforce GT-740 2GB DDR5
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Followed Stork's instructions to a T, with hardware listed in my profile. Works perfectly! Thank you all.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm making the move now on a Z77-DS3H Core i7 3770 GTX 760 updating from Mavericks straight to Yosemite 10.10.4 apple has done discovered process which fixes issues with iMessage also.ill keep you updated guys ill be using clover so lets have some fun

Motherboard
Yosemite
CPU
i3-4340
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
toledo's patch for [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB half-mini pci-e card don't work under 10.10.4. Now I no longer have AC and continuity[/FONT]

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD7-TH
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming 1
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I updated normally, had to use nv_disable=1 to boot, installed new beta web drivers and I got no display! lol

I have a Gigabyte GTX 970, the Graphic Card is detected perfectly, but no displays. Im using HD4600 for the moment.

Weird though, I have seen several 970 users saying all working without a problem.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
toledo's patch for [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB half-mini pci-e card don't work under 10.10.4. Now I no longer have AC and continuity[/FONT]

It is 'toleda'

BCM94352 working here just fine...

This is the method I use...

BCM94352 requirements:
- FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E.
- BrcmPatchRAM.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E.
- 5Ghz patch for WiFi documented here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html
- handoff patch for bluetooth documented here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I use Clover to enable TRIM and it is still activated after the update.

Code:
[FONT=Menlo] <dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <key>Find</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                QVBQTEUgU1NEAA==[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                </data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <key>Name</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <key>Replace</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                AAAAAAAAAAAAAA==[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]</dict>[/FONT]

TRIM Enabler says, TRIM is working. Do I need to disable the Clover Patch and use the new method, or can I just leave it like this?

Thanks

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I use Clover to enable TRIM and it is still activated after the update.

Code:
[FONT=Menlo] <dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <key>Find</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                QVBQTEUgU1NEAA==[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <key>Name</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <key>Replace</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                AAAAAAAAAAAAAA==[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]</dict>[/FONT]

TRIM Enabler says, TRIM is working. Do I need to disable the Clover Patch and use the new method, or can I just leave it like this?

Thanks

Either way, your choice. Clover patch is more universal if you're multibooting older versions of OS X.

Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Probably the easiest and cleanest update I've ever done. Updated in the Mac App Store and from what I can tell, I didn't have to re-install anything at all. Everything seems good.

I'm using Clover on a ProBook 4530s, for those with the same machine who are curious about the update.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
HD 7970 x2
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I fear that my hackintosh is going to be moving into the hobby column and I will have to purchase a Mac Pro for work. My hackPRO has been a work horse since I built it almost three years ago, but every update, these days, have me holding my breath and crossing my fingers to no avail. Inevitably I'm left with an hour or two of research on how to get it working again. Unfortunately this update was no exception. Here is what I went through:

1) Followed Storks excellent instructions
a.) repair permisions
b.) back up
c.) download latest MultiBeast
d.) MAS - OS X update
e.) Re-boot

2.) Computer starts the re-boot/install process hangs
3.) Power off computer (holding power button)
4.) Boot - In no problem
5.) Download Combo update
6.) Try to install. Computer starts the re-boot/install process and hangs
7.) Boot into 10.9.5 internal SSD install Combo update. Installs successfully
8.) Delete appropriate files for sysdef mac pro 5,1
9.) Run latest MultiBeast and install audio drivers and latest Cimera boot loader
10.) Shut down computer (software)
11.) Boot computer - hangs, screen goes black then re-boots. This starts a continual loop
12.) Shut down computer (power button)
13.) Boot using -v flag and discover hang is at AppleKextExcludeList.kext
14.) Found help here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...kextexcludelist-kext-black-screen-reboot.html
15.) Deleted kext completely
16.) Computer boots normally and shuts down normally (10.10.4)

Question?
Are there nasty things that that kext protects us from and if so should I just go line by line and remove everything that refers to what we use on our hacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.