Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black screen on smbios MacPro6,1 wih 10.3 update is permanatly eliminate by edit DSDT or SSDT.

Only change GFX0 to GFX1. And in Clover set SmartUPS.

For those with nvidia graphics and black screen (no signal) problem.

Boot with nv_disable=1 argument from bootloader main screen

You will boot on desktop without graphics acceleration.

Install AppleGraphicsControl.kext attached with Kext helper (attached), Kext beast or your favorite tool to install kexts.
Repair permissions with Disk Utility

Reboot and enjoy :)

View attachment 133431
View attachment 133430

This Worked for me!

OS X 10.10.3 Update 660ti black screen

i update to 10.10.3 and black screen and no audio, but today i installed the Nvidia Web Driver 346.01.02f04 and the modified AppleGraphicsControl.kext and it works and i just have in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist the <key>Kernel Flags</key> <string>kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1 nvda_drv=1</string> and it works i don't know exactly was the recipe but i tried before with all the modification and previously web drivers and nothing until today.
for the audio just install the multibeast for yosemite 10.10.3 alc889 with HDA enabler = 1 and thats it.

GA-z68x-ud3h-b3
intel core i7 3770k
16gb ram 1600mhz
660ti gtx 2gb Zogis

This needs to be applied even in post install?? Cos I already use nvda_drv=1 so I also add the the nv_disable = 1??

Also what does dart = 1 do? I mean in the wiki it says it doesnt allow external memory or something. I am just not getting it thats all.

Also in my case if I dont add dart=1 and nv_disable flags the system sometimes boots perfectly othertimes monitor turns off/black screen. Not sure why it is happening and also not sure if I am the only one. I have a ASUS STRIX GTX 970.

I dont like changing system kexts. Will check dart=1 and nv_disable =1 if I get no black screen I will not change kext. If I do well I guess I dont have a choice.

Also my usb 3.0 pendrive transfer is slow. Also device is not detected if it is connected to the system. Are you guys facing the same problem???

Thanks, after installing my audio drivers everything works!

I am trying to install on a fresh hard drive. I downloaded 10.10.3 from the app store and successfully put it on a flash drive using unibeast. After booting to the usb, I'll get the Apple logo and the loading bar, but then after about 1/3 of the loading bar is filled, I'll get a circle with a line through it and it'll get stuck there. I've tried all the boot flags, but none will get me past that point.

Hey guys,

I've been successfully running 10.1.2 for months. Finally decided to update to 10.1.3. I backed everything up, installed the update, and can't get past the load screen. I tried a bunch of old boot flags from when I did my original install (-v -x -f npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 etc), but nothing worked. I installed the latest unibeast on a USB stick and tried to boot (at the least just to get into disk utility to revert and reinstall my old 10.1.2 time machine or clone) but it's stalling as well. The update from 10.1.1 to 10.1.2 was painless, other than re-installing my audio drivers, so this came to a shock. Can anyone help? Attached are some error messages. The first happens when trying to boot up my current install. The second when I boot up unibeast.

Thanks!
-John

Attachments

• IMG_1265.JPG
    IMG_1265.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1266.JPG
    IMG_1266.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 186
updated from 10.10.1

ASUS P9X79 S2011 X79,
I7-3960X,
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB,

Nvidia driver updated after installation (346.01.02f04)
no problem at all.

10.10.1 org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string> -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

Got it fixed. I was typing -nv_disable=1 instead of nv_disable=1

whoops!

I have an HP Probook 6570B with HD4000 graphics. I have no audio and no USB 3.

Anyone got any ideas on where I can go next?

I tried the newest Probook installer, resetting permissions, booting without kext caches and then re-creating the cache.

Nothing is working. The other updates went pretty smoothly, but 10.10.3 has been difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back