Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hackintosh automatically updated lol.. Seems fine!!! Z68 UD3 with Nv GTX570 HD Pheww!!! Im looking to build a new mackintosh soon, mainly for PC gaming since the mac side is fast enough for what I do.

Update on both rigs went without issue from App Store.

Both Clover builds, just updated clover prior to following Stork's guide (meaning the standard process). My Clover confit.plist in each case includes kept patches for TRIM and audio already and therefore had no additional work - audio and TRIM both still supported following reboot with no KEXTs or patches being re-installed.

As an observation I made a while back though when doing a Clean install of Yosemite was that Clover does only seem to inject FakeSMC.Kext, although that may just be related to where it injects them doesn't happen to support the other Kexts I'd placed in the folder (at the time a patched audio Kext and Realtek Ethernet). That was when I sorted out the Kext patches section of the config.plist. I mention this for those that have said they had to reinstall audio even though they use Clover. Here is a guide that I followed from Giacomoleopardo:(just amend the instructions based on your audio codec)

Audio Configuration​

Now we have to take care about Audio.
Until now, each one of us had to patch AppleHDA.kext (if you have dsdt edits) or get HDAEnabler (without edited dsdt), and every system update we had to repatch it.
Now it's time to try a different method. Thanks to the Clover so called "Patch on the fly", and to the great support of Forum Moderator Toleda, here's a simple method to patch Audio that would (hopefully) survive to the System Updates (already tested from 10.10 to 10.10.1).
- Open Terminal and type
Code:
defaults write com.apple.DiskUtility DUDebugMenuEnabled 1
- Open Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility, go to the menu bar find Debug and flag "Show Every Partition"
- Now in Disk Utility you'll see all the partitions, included EFI (greyed out, cause it's unmounted)
- Mount EFI partition from Disk Utility and close the window
- Download audio_CloverALC-master.zip from toleda's repo, unzip it and leave it in Downloads folder.
- Open Downloads/audio_CloverALC-master and unzip audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip.
- Double click on audio_cloverALC-100-v1.0.2.command, a Terminal window will open, type your password (even if you don't see anything) and press enter
Code:
Last login: Sun Nov 23 15:26:29 on console
Mac-mini:~ jack$ /Users/jack/Downloads/audio_CloverALC-master/audio_cloverALC-100-v1.0.2.command ; exit;

Agreement
The audio_cloverALC-100 script is for personal use only. Do not distribute
the patch, any or all of the files or the resulting patched AppleHDA.kext
for any reason without permission. The audio_cloverALC-100 script is
provided as is and without any kind of warranty.

File: audio_cloverALC-100.command_v1.0.2
Verify EFI partition mounted, Finder/Devices/EFI
Password:
rm: /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config-backup.plist: No such file or directory
Confirm Realtek ALC892 (y/n): [B][SIZE=4]y[/SIZE][/B]
Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): [B][SIZE=4]y[/SIZE][/B]
Use Audio ID: 3 (y/n): [B][SIZE=4]y[/SIZE][/B]

Download ALC892 files ...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 25585  100 25585    0     0  14443      0  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:-- 14438
Edit config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/3
Edit config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts/YES
Edit config.plist/Boot/Arguments/kext-dev-mode=1
Download kext patches
100  1335  100  1335    0     0    667      0  0:00:02  0:00:01  0:00:01   667
Install /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/realtekALC.kext
Download config kext and install ...
100  3451  100  3451    0     0   3348      0  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:--  3350
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/realtekALC.kext deleted
Install System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/ALC892 zml files
Fix permissions ...
Kernel cache...
rebuilding //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext

Install finished, restart required.
To save a Copy to this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout

[Processo completato]
- Type three times Y for yes (in black up here) and the process will be completed, the command file will install realtekALC.kext in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 and will insert some hex codes to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
- Reboot
- Check Audio Devices (including HDMI Audio devices)​

Using Chimera etc, updated using the "delta" update (not "combo.") As predicted, lost audio and TRIM capability. Regained audio with HDA enabler and TRIM with tonymacx86's Terminal command.

After playing with 10.10.3 for a while, decided to clone it from my #1 SSD ("Yosemite") to my backup "SSD2." Using Carbon Copy Cloner, the procedure seemed to go normally as usual. However, when I attempted to boot on SSD2, The icon for SSD2 did not show up on the initial boot screen, so no boot on SSD2. It would only choose (and boot on) Yosemite.

I solved the above problem by using the "Volume Clone" function of TechTool Pro 7. It works differently from CCC in that where CCC leaves "unchanged" files on the destination disk and replaces only the changed ones, TTP erases the destination disk and then copies everything from source to destination. That worked perfectly. I can now boot on either SSD.

I am just guessing here, but maybe some of the changed Apple files are not recognized as changed by CCC, so it leaves the old files in place, which causes the disk not to be recognized by Chimera.

Just a heads-up here; no expert. :!:

Anyone here with an R9 270X update yet?

Fixed quite a few issues for me... Don't know if the the following behaviour persists....

Using Finder Search... finder would frequently crash or hang when viewing search results... very randomly.

i find also that where before the update I could wake from sleep using the mouse, now there is absolutely no response... I have to use the power button instead...

Updated my system this morning. Everything went smoothly.

1. Updated Clover
May not be necessary. But it seems like a good time to update.
Reboot

2. Updated to OS X 10.10.3 via App Store
Rebboot

3. Updated nVidia graphics via System Preferences > NVIDIA Driver Manager
Reboot

4. Updated CUDA via System Preferences > CUDA
Reboot

5. Enable TRIM support: Post #55
Reboot.

6. Patch native AppleHDA following this guide. Used method 3.1 cloverALC/Clover patched.

I'm having random freezes, for the most part everything worked fine, trim, audio etc.. I use clover but never updated clover in ages since I install.

Here is some of my system info

----- Overview
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 32 GB
Bus Speed: 400 MHz

---- Graphics R9 290x with Dual monitors, intel onboard is enabled on bios to get both monitors to work

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 8xxx
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: PCI Slot 0
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 4096 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x67b0
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:

--- SSD
Capacity: 500.11 GB (500,107,862,016 bytes)
Model: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
Revision: EXT0BB6Q
Native Command Queuing: Yes
Queue Depth: 32
Removable Media: No
Detachable Drive: No
BSD Name: disk1
Medium Type: Solid State
TRIM Support: Yes
Partition Map Type: MBR (Master Boot Record)
S.M.A.R.T. status: Verified

--- Network
Kext name: AppleIntelE1000e.kext
Version: 3.1.0

^^^ btw is this the latest, I have noticed that I get random nic card disconnects when copying files to a file server or downloading, something seems to cause this to stop working but only with a lot of net/file/access

so the issues I'm seeing are the following

Computer sleep is set to never
Monitors where set to 15 min, but when I came back and woke the monitors I got a black screen with beachball

Other things
Just random freezes, not like 2-5 min after reboot just random.. this is my biggest issue..

My audio works, trim (did i need to update it anyhow to the latest patch) ?

thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back