Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
kernel panic after root fs was mounted rw, panic cause was 5....
the last lines I got from screen was:

DSMOS has arrived
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil: getCPUIDInfo : this is an unknown CPU ...

should I try the summary update rather than combo update?

Updated from 10.10.1 to 10.10.3 this morning. All went well!

Info:
• Clover Bootloader
• Running ASUS Sabertooth Z77
• GTX 680 with nVidia Web Driver

Steps:
• Cloned the drive. I used SuperDuper, in case something goes horribly wrong (spoiler: nothing went wrong)
• Copy AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and copy that to /EFI/Clover/kext/… because there are reports of audio needed fixing
• Made sure I have the newest Clover (as of this writing, it's r_3193).
• Ran the Combo Updater.
• Booted back into 10.10.3 (first boot took a little longer than usual)
• nVidia web driver popped up with an update notification, so I went ahead with the update, reboot again
• Done.

I never turned on TRIM for my SSDs. So, I don't bother turning on TRIM for 10.10.3 either

Everything is working perfectly. No broken stuff, audio is working as usual, no issue with my displays/GPU. iMessage is still active.

Translating the terminal command:
1. Base64 (TextEdit)
Find
AEFQUExFIFNTRAA=
Replace
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

2. Hex (Clover Configurator/Kexts to Patch, Post #142)
Find
004150504c452053534400
Replace

Thanks for the tip toleda!

Take that back. I lost airport mirroring.

Edit. Apparently I didnt. Icon was invisible. I unchecked mirroring and rechecked and it showed up.

So it was a flawless update.

Updated smoothly here. I lost audio, but I always lose that, and reinstalling fixed as always. TRIM worked without doing anything, maybe it's because I use clover.

Z87e-ITX

• i5 4670k Haswell
  • imac 14,2

This was the perfect vanilla upgrade I have ever had. Clover was already set up with trim patch, audio applehda patch, airport patch (5ghz, etc), and a DSDT that I configured a while ago.

It boots with dual monitors, one on hd4600 (dvi) and one on gtx 760 (dvi). Using apple's video drivers. I opted not to use nvidia drivers anymore as I found they would case kernel panics on sleep/wake up routines.

I'm not sure what the update does to the recovery partition. The install method I used automatically created its own recovery so I assume this is part of the reason the update went so smoothly as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back