Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fix for black screen with iMac 15,1 sysdef and GTX 780

Edit the AppleGraphicsControl.kext and burrow down to /Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

> IOKitPersonalities
> AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
> ConfigMap
FA842E06C61E91C5 change from Config 2 to none.

Save changes and reinstall kext. Reboot.
Thanks! This worked for me. After update I got black screen after boot. This fixed it, and everything works now

Fix for black screen with iMac 15,1 sysdef and GTX 780

Edit the AppleGraphicsControl.kext and burrow down to /Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

> IOKitPersonalities
> AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
> ConfigMap
FA842E06C61E91C5 change from Config 2 to none.

Save changes and reinstall kext. Reboot.

Might be an idea in future to patch the kext from within Clover.

THANKS a lot dude. You saved my day. :banghead:

After the update I got the nvidia 'black screen'.
Changed the ConfigMap F60DEB81FF30ACF6 to 'none'.
Now I have my system fully working again, with Nvidia graphics + MacPro 6,1 sys def. :thumbup:

THANKS a lot dude. You saved my day. :banghead:

After the update I got the nvidia 'black screen'.
Changed the ConfigMap F60DEB81FF30ACF6 to 'none'.
Now I have my system fully working again, with Nvidia graphics + MacPro 6,1 sys def. :thumbup:

Confirming. This solution working with Nvidia Black Screen. Without changing definitions.

I am indeed using iMac13,2. I would assume it is reverting to the OS X drivers since it looks terrible/low res. Can't figure out for the life of me why it is just sitting there spinning after I enter my account password.

update via app storre, reboot with nv_disable=1, install nvidia drivier, reboot, repair permissions, audio trim everything works (clover) :D

Desktop PC:

- i7 4770k
- GTX 660
- 8GB DDR3

Black Screen. Changed SMBIOS MacPro6.1 to MacPro5.1 and all good.

This update was a bear! My system is not shutting down properly and hasn't for a long time now (everything powers down but fans keep running and I have to hold the power button to shut off machine). I knew I would have trouble since update required a restart (was not able to apply last security update do to same problem) so I downloaded the combo update hoping to avoid restart issues. Had to boot off external hdd that had my ccc on it and then installed the combo update. I then removed appropriate kext since I'm running Mac Pro 5,1. That seemed to work until I had to boot up the machine. Got stuck at the white screen of death. Tried many things but had no luck. Finally wiped drive and restored my ccc and booted into it to make sure everything was working as before. Booted back into external hdd and installed combo update again and oddly enough my machine shut down properly?! Booted back into internal hdd with updated OS and again was greeted with the white screen of death. Booted back into external drive and reinstalled kext with multibeast Audio, FakeSMC, * Plugins, * HWMonitor, Chimera v4.0.1. Rebooted and voila, NO white screen of death! So not totally sure which fixed it but I'm thinking the FakeSMCs kext might have been the culprit. I hope this helps someone else in distress. One thing of note is that the machine using the internal hdd will not completely shut down?! Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks! This worked for me. After update I got black screen after boot. This fixed it, and everything works now

Heycan I get a detailed instruction on how to do this? I get the black screen on my lg4k TV. I think i need to use profile 6.1 (Im guessing here) to enable some 4k options

thnks

Clover install, everything still active. Nothing not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back