Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all.

Sys.Def MacPro 6,1 with a GTX770 and a dual screen after 10.10.3 update only 1 screen is recognize as "Internal Screen " and Resolution max 1280x1024

Try to change Sys def to MacPro 5,1 or iMac 14,2 ==> Unsuccess
Install Last nVidia Web Drivers ==> Unsuccess
changing display connectic HDMI,DVI ... ==> Unsuccess

anyone have an ideas ?:banghead:

I had to change my SMBIOS from Mac Pro 6,1 to iMac 13,1. Otherwise I got a black screen after DSMOS has arrived.

And also audio stopped working after the update. I used the AppleHDA from 10.10.2 to get it working again.

I think it was a problem with the Audio codec or so because the audio devices where shown in about this mac but not in the settings app. Strange..

Just to report...:thumbup:
I have Trim running OK now, using the 2 method, but has a problem on the first time.
Just after run the commands and reboot, was a black screen with "kernel overflows ****(don't remember) space" information. Then i start in safe mode and run the same commands (but now in safe mode) and everything run OK now: boot, Trim, etc...

Just tried the following for TRIM and worked:

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Source:
www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298507-enable-trim-on-non-apple-ssd

Hi!

I was running Clover TRIM patch when on 10.10.2 without issues. This patch worked when updating from 10.10.1 to 10.10.2 but in this update it didn't work.

The rest of my Clover patches work as expected, but I don't know what to do with TRIM. I would like to continue using the Clover TRIM patch, but it seems like I would have to modify the code.

Here's the code that was working with both 10.10.1 and 10.10.2:

Code:
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>TRIM Enabler</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				QVBQTEUgU1NEAFQ=
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAAAAAAAAAFQ=
				</data>
			</dict>

So I was wondering if it is possible to "translate" Tonymac's code into Clover patching system. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

For those who have black screen after update i did this:
booted with nv_disable=1 and changed system definition from (multibeast 7.2) 6.1 to 5.1
However trim enabler didn't work for me too..but i got it working back with tony's code....
P.s Don't know if performance will be affected with the change of 6.1 to 5.1 ...if anybody knows anything please enlighten us..
Btw system is i7 3820 GA-X79-UD5 Gefroce 430
Good luck everyone

thanks!!! It works for me. :clap:

Maybe anything wrong with MacPro6,1 profile.

Attempted updating with the combo update first on my z97x-UD5H build and had some difficulty doing so. System froze as soon as would begin installing the update prior to reboot. Tried several times and it failed.

Then I ran the update from the MAS and it was fine. Reinstalled ALC1150 with layout 1 from MultiBeast.

Same here. NUC with 10.10.2 Clover worked beautifully. Now, it reboots by itself in a loop... :(

New version of Clover needed? There were two updates applied: 10.10.3 and OS X Yosemite Recovery Update 1.0. I applied both, but not sure if the later one caused the trouble...

If you've gotten this to work on an i5 NUC *perfectly*, can you describe how?

The "reboot" loop is related to the Intel5000HD kext. Boot into safe mode, remove the kext, and you'll be back in business, with cruddy graphics.

Any solution for this? Yes, I was able to boot my NUC Haswell with AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext removed, but it's soooooo slow...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back