Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The update of my Clover GA P55-USB3 with HD6670 went fine, but this made me a bit worried, do you mean i need the original 10.10.0 AppleHDA.kext backed up? What if I started on 10.10.1 and only have that one backed up? Maybe I should try to dig up an old USB with Yosemite 10.10.0 if I still have it and keep it in storage.

As far as I understand it, (Clover) - if an update breaks your audio you will not be abled to repair an already modified AppleHDA.kext. You have to either do a complete reinstall or replace the damaged kext with Apple's original AppleHDA.kext and apply (Toledo's?) fix as before.

Maybe someone with more insight can correct or offer a more concise answer.

Hahaha Hey Gabe
Happy you made it

How do you boot with nv_disable=1? Can you walk me through this?

Just write nv_disable=1 in the boot menu (assuming you have an nvdia card of course)
and when you go to desktop just reinstall what you need from multibeast (audio,trim) and change system definition
it worked for me ...so you can try it
Good Luck

Just write nv_disable=1 in the boot menu (assuming you have an nvdia card of course)
and when you go to desktop just reinstall what you need from multibeast (audio,trim) and change system definition
it worked for me ...so you can try it
Good Luck

Having the same problem as well, I'm able to boot with nv_disable=1 but changing the system definition doesn't help at all! I've tried 15.1, 5.1 as well as 14.2 but none of them works. Any idea how to fix it?

Having the same problem as well, I'm able to boot with nv_disable=1 but changing the system definition doesn't help at all! I've tried 15.1, 5.1 as well as 14.2 but none of them works. Any idea how to fix it?
try it maybe in safe mode...
Also check if your org.chameleon.boot.plist has changed for some reason...

I've successfully updated but the graphics card is not working. I am using a GT610 which should be natively supported. What should I try?

Fix for black screen with iMac 15,1 sysdef and GTX 780

Edit the AppleGraphicsControl.kext and burrow down to /Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

> IOKitPersonalities
> AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
> ConfigMap
FA842E06C61E91C5 change from Config 2 to none.

Save changes and reinstall kext. Reboot.

Might be an idea in future to patch the kext from within Clover.

Just tried the following for TRIM and worked:

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Source:
www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298507-enable-trim-on-non-apple-ssd

Thank you for this, it worked :)
I had no issues with the update, except Trim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back