Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated from app store no problems except having to fix audio. installed Nvidia drivers for this build.
Full native resolution on 970GTX and lg 4k monitor using display port 4096x2160@60 hertz

http://us.download.nvidia.com/IMh6381bI7Ydt9AbXTSAGjUxj4qB8UCO/WebDriver-346.01.02b01.pkg

Probably still works with 10.10.3 Release. These were the beta drivers for 10.10.3 that were coded to be universal build (ie they didn't give two craps what build number it was, only that it was 10.10.3, as such they weren't broken by each build change, so they probably work with release. I won't know for a about 4 hours though).

In case anyone doesn't want to wait for release version of driver, which may take a day or two.

Not working for me. Getting "no signal" with this driver after the boot progress bar gets about 1/3 done. Although if I VNC into the machine it does load the GPU since it is properly recognized in About This Mac.

Clover r3193
MSI GTX 970 Gaming

Boot Flags:
darkwake=8 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1

Black screen after first boot on a GA z97NWifi / GTX 760 / Chimera :(

any ideas how to solve it? :|

(thanks in advanced)

Unfortunately the Combo Update seems to install the update after a reboot. Upon reboot my system freezes (just after the screen turns black), mouse not moving anymore. Reseted a few times and now got a white screen of death. Exactly the same thing happened to me when I tried to install the yosemite security updates via the app store. Only at that time the update-DMG was working for me as it did not require the reboot that gets everything crashing. I'm doing a time machine restore now and I do hope that somebody might be able to give me some input.

HELP! I update trought standalone installer (no combo update, i have 10.10.2) and then of reboot the next screen show. I can access to my HD with Unibeast USB Stick and check that the update is OK (Whiteout Sound, but only need to run MultiBeast to solve i guest)... What can i do?

PD: sorry my English!

Error on Boot.jpg

SOLVED: After access to my HDD with MultiBeast, i perform the update of OS X Recovery Update trough Mac App Store and the reboot, and then can boot without problems with no errors!...Maybe that update solve the problem, i don't know :crazy:

Gtx 760 clover no signal after update :( please ... I can't access to computer

Gtx 760 clover no signal after update :( please ... I can't access to computer

Having the same problem here with GTX 660Ti and Clover. Black screen (no signal) after restart :banghead:
Edit: I was able to boot with nv_disable=1 but now my monitor isn't recognized properly and is running on a low resolution.

Everything fine with my Clover system (Audio, TRIM, Network, etc.). What is OS X Yosemite Recovery-Update 1.0?

Any1e knows what is OSX recovery update?

10.10.3 went smooth on 4740s.

10x

OS X Yosemite Recovery is hidden partition (about 800MB in size) that you can use on genuine Apple hardware as a recovery boot partition. You get access to the same startup screen doing that as you would booting to a USB installer, but without the installer payload. On a genuine Mac, you'd then use Disk Utility, Internet recovery or similar to recover your system.

There's nothing to stop you installing it on a hack [use http://musings.silvertooth.us/2014/07/recovery-partition-creator-3-8/] but it wouldn't do you much good unless you installed a bootloader and full install payload.

I updated successfully and I only needed to reinstall my audio and TRIM. I have a question though, how can I check to see if TRIM is working? Thanks in advance.

About This Mac > System Report > SATA/SATA Express

Check "TRIM Support Yes" for the drive in question as shown by red arrow in image

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 21.38.09.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back