Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by P1LGRIM
Same here. And At boot screen in chameleon I have a message on left corner it says "Errors encountered ...Pausing 5 seconds" or so...

Start the Terminal application, and copy and paste the following:
Code:
sudo systemsetup -setkernelbootarchitecture x86_64

Press enter
Enter your admin password, press enter
Close the terminal window.
Open Disk Utility application
Select your startup disk
Click Repair Permissions
Reboot.

It works!!! Thank you so much P1LGRIM!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any1e knows what is OSX recovery update?

10.10.3 went smooth on 4740s.

10x

Notes:
- This may break some of your Yosemite functions, like audio, TRIM and the nVidia Web drivers. So, being an Early Adopter is fraught with problems. Make sure you backup first. :thumbup:

- If you're using nVidia drivers for your GeForce GTX 750, 750Ti, 960, 970, 980 and the Titans 'Maxwell' graphics cards, you'll need to install the nVidia 10.10.3 Web driver(s) after the 10.10.3 update. You are advised to wait for nVidia's update or use the nVidia Yosemite Beta Web drivers. tonymacx86 will publish the link to the nVidia Web Driver as soon as it's announced. See threads in the Graphics forum section if you have one of these Maxwell graphics cards, such as:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ate-graphics-drivers-10-10-2-343-02-02-a.html

Here's the step by step way to update for those who aren't using the nVidia Maxwell graphics cards :
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Download the latest MultiBeast for Yosemite;
:ch: Download the Software Update or the Combo Update and run it to update to 10.10.3;
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Yosemite and just select your audio driver to install and, optionally, the 10.10.x TRIM patch;
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.*​

If you have TRIM enabled, check to see if it was affected by this update.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
 sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Are there any Nvidia beta drivers Stork, like last time. Just updating, I might be able to modify the build number on the nvidia startup kext if there aren't any?

My update to 10.10.3 went fine, except that Trim won't enable.

Multibeast 7.2 -->TRIM doesn't work!

I updated successfully and I only needed to reinstall my audio and TRIM. I have a question though, how can I check to see if TRIM is working? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it, TRIM is not working for me as well :banghead:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/IMh6381bI7Ydt9AbXTSAGjUxj4qB8UCO/WebDriver-346.01.02b01.pkg

Probably still works with 10.10.3 Release. These were the beta drivers for 10.10.3 that were coded to be universal build (ie they didn't give two craps what build number it was, only that it was 10.10.3, as such they weren't broken by each build change, so they probably work with release. I won't know for a about 4 hours though).

In case anyone doesn't want to wait for release version of driver, which may take a day or two.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/IMh6381bI7Ydt9AbXTSAGjUxj4qB8UCO/WebDriver-346.01.02b01.pkg

Probably still works with 10.10.3 Release. These were the beta drivers for 10.10.3 that were coded to be universal build (ie they didn't give two craps what build number it was, only that it was 10.10.3, as such they weren't broken by each build change, so they probably work with release. I won't know for a about 4 hours though).

In case anyone doesn't want to wait for release version of driver, which may take a day or two.

I'll use them thanks. I will update this post with the outcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back