Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I hope someone might be able to help me out.

After installing the update through the App Store my machine booted without problems. Audio not working and crappy graphics of course. After a few tries I managed to get audio running again but my graphics card is still not being recognized.

I have a Radeon HD4650 which worked perfectly before once I installed custom kexts I found on the web. I reinstalled those but now it doesn't work. Do these kexts have to be updated for 10.10.3 or am I doing something else wrong?

Using chymera by the way.

Thanks in advance!

Black screen fixed with nv_diasable=1 and go t to multibeast, changing the system definition however bricked it! Now it just dumps. Any thoughts on how to get back in to change my system definition back to pro 6,1?

found this: As a hint if you tried 5,1 and want to go back to 3,1 without any backup:

- boot in single user mode (parameter "-s")
- "mount -uw /" (enable write on root)
- "sudo nano /Extra/smbios.plist"
- find string 5,1 and replace by 3,1
- "ctrl-x" to save and exit
- "reboot"

Would this work for me? Also I'm on an Ivy Bridge Cpu and board and was wondering if I should be using something other than MacPro 6,1 as my definition in the first place? Thanks for the help.

Hi
i can boot with nv_disable=1 but then it remains on the login screen, just loading. Can you help please? thanks!

I am going to reply to my own question, yes this works for changing the system definitions without having to do anything special, avoiding a rebuild.

Now to fix Trim and audio.

still wonder if I should be using a different system definition?

Nvidia users using clover boot loader with graphics problems:

Nvidia drivers don't read the whole build ID so you can try the following:
Edit at S/L/CoreServices the SystemVersion.plist and remove the end of the build identifier. example: 14D105g - edit to: 14D . Repair permissions and restart. If the drivers still aren't working, remove and re-install them and reboot. Everything is now fully supported.Happy Hacking :)Don

Not working for me on an Asus P8Z-77-V LE. I get this kernel panic referencing FakeSMCKeyStore and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. I've tried reloading the FakeSMC and CPU kexts but it makes no diff. I'm using Chameleon 2538 and loading DSDT.
SAM_4120.jpg

This works for me too! Thanks!!! :lol:

Where are you doing the code? I tried it in terminal, but it does not seem to have worked. Do I do this under -s in the boot process?

I've had the same problem on GTX 670, no video signal . Had to reboot with nv_disable=1 flags and with Multibeast to change the System definition from Mac Pro 6.1 to 3.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back