Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to update from 10.10.1 to 10.10.2 using App Store, but it has been stuck on "Installing 1 item" for the past 45 minutes now which seems odd to me since the install drive is an SSD and should install pretty fast.. I don't know if the installer is stuck or what the problem seems to be..?

Should i restart my Mackintosh mid-update? :?:

Decided to take a chance and restart the Hackintosh, and the update seems to have been installed, fixed audio and trim using MultiBeast, and installed newest web drivers for my GTX 970...

So far all seems good, and this post was written on the updated Hackintosh

iMac 14,2 is what I found worked with the least amount of hassle
H97 motherboard

OS X 10.10.2 Update - Lost QE/CI HD3000

OK, I need some help. I updated from the App store, then booted in fine but with super glitchy graphics. I updated the nVidia Web Driver and that fixed part of it. I have 3 monitors, 2 on the nVidia and 1 via HDMI on my HD3000. The HD3000 was all glitchy, the dock wasn't animated smoothly. So I replaced all the Intel graphics related kexts from the backup of my install pre-updating. Now the display is somewhat improved, the dock is smooth. But I've got artifacts and have lost QE/CI (No transparency in menu bar or menus). I also noticed the HDMI audio out is no longer available in my sound preferences. In my system information, it shows up correctly as HD3000 512mb. I am using Chimera and Multibeast, DSDT free. Anyone have any ideas?

My update was smooth, as I just had to reinstall audio and trim. However, my graphics card is no longer fully identified. It is showing as AMD 6xxx.

Bluetooth, wifi, and handoff all seem to be working perfectly (I'm using Apple wifi/bluetooth hardware).

I'm not sure if it's related to this update or not, but my ethernet is not working. Because of handoff I keep my wifi running in addition to the ethernet, so I haven't had reason to open the network utility in a while. It's possible this happened before the update.

Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 12.05.52 PM.png

EDIT: I just used MultiBeast 7.2 to update the Realtek driver, and I also reset my network using the following method:

Re-setting OSX's Network configuration.

Using Finder navigate to :-

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Delete the following two files :-

NetworkInterfaces.plist
preferences.plist

Empty the trash and reboot.

Ethernet, wifi, bluetooth, and handoff are all working fine now. The only issue I see is OS X not fully recognizing my graphics card.

Last edited:
Notes:
- This may break some of your Yosemite functions, like audio and TRIM. So, being an Early Adopter is fraught with problems. Make sure you backup first. :thumbup:

- The Combo Update is not working for a bunch of us. The Combo Update only works to update 10.10.0 to 10.10.2 which is different from past Combo Updaters. Either wait until Apple fixes it or use the Software Update from the App Store app to upgrade to 10.10.2.

- If you're using nVidia drivers for your GeForce GTX 750, 750Ti, 960, 970, and/or 980 'Maxwell' graphics cards, you'll need to install the 10.10.2 driver(s) after the 10.10.2 update. See my Post here for the installation upgrade procedures for 10.10.2.

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Download the latest MultiBeast for Yosemite;
:ch: Download the Software Update or the Combo Update and run it to update to 10.10.2;
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Yosemite and just select your audio driver to install and, optionally, the 10.10.x TRIM patch;
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.*​

If you have TRIM enabled, check to see if it was affected by this update.

Note: If you encounter no audio after wake-up from sleep, here are several methods to "fix" the issue; see http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/151504-no-audio-after-sleep-wake-realtek-alc-applehda-fixes.html. For posting audio problems, see http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143752-no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html#post886726.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
 sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

EDIT: FIXED!
I disconnected my graphics card and enabled the integrated one. I booted the Unibeast USB I had for 10.10.1 (using bootflags -v -x maxmem=4096 npci=0x2000 -no-zp, some of them are probably unnecessary), and I was able to get to Disk Utility from there, then resume as normal.

----------
I was a big dummy and I thought I read somewhere that the first step was to update to 10.10.2 directly from the App Store. Which means I didn't repair permissions, backup, or update multibeast or unibeast from the 10.10.1 versions. 10.10.2 updated, but now it crashes during boot. I've tried various combinations of boot flags, and aside from getting to the Mac installation screen once, it just keeps on crashing.

I've learned my lesson about backing up and reading instructions carefully. That being said, what should I do now? I don't mind wiping everything and starting from scratch, but I'm just not sure what the best next step is. Thanks in advance for your help, and let me know if you need any more info.

I'm dual-booting Mac and Windows 8.1 on separate SSDs. Windows is still running fine. My setup is:
i7-4790k
z97x-ud5h
geforce gtx 970
samsung 840 evo 120gb
samsung 840 evo 250gb

Last edited:
The update was simple and easy for my Clover build (i7, GA-Z87X-UD5H, no graphics card). :thumbup:

1. Repair permissions with Terminal:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

2. Updated via the App Store

After the automatic reboot:

• No Audio
  • No TRIM (Apple>About This Mac>System Report>SATA/SATA Express)
3. Downloaded Multibeast 7.2, installed:
Drivers>Audio>ALC898
Drivers>Disk>TRIM Enabler 10.10.x TRIM Patch

4. Reboot. Audio works, TRIM enabled.
5. Repaired permissions again, as above

A big thanks to everyone, and especially for the Multibeast update! :)

Didn't work. :( Can only boot with safe mode.
I'm using a Z97N-wifi and 4690K with HD4600. I followed Stork's guide and it worked until I tried to update.

It gets stuck on Unknown CPU Model.

How can I restore from a time machine backup in safe mode?

I'm running CUDA Driver Version: 6.5.18 should I update to brand new ? Everything works fine. Have you noticed better performance over all or just in certain programs or benchmarks with new drivers ?

I haven't run any benchmarks, but I do run Final Cut X and I have noticed just when creating special effects (I store files 4k as is Cineform on RAID 0 SSD array so I can touch up i in GoPro software as needed) and the FX requires the files to be rewritten on the fly. Before this could take several minutes for a 30 second multilayer 4k render (even though underlying storage was 1 GB/s throughput) but now this time has been reduced noticeably without any quantitative assessment on my part. Also, it seems that ECC is no longer completely blank (it has profile for card) but it is still greyed out. I did apply CUDA update, but I forget version but I had 6.5.33 previously.
What are you using your 970 for? Its definitely a beastly card compared to my previous 650 ti

Didn't work. :( Can only boot with safe mode.
I'm using a Z97N-wifi and 4690K with HD4600. I followed Stork's guide and it worked until I tried to update.

It gets stuck on Unknown CPU Model.

How can I restore from a time machine backup in safe mode?

If you can boot into safe mode than rerun multibeast with you appropriate settings. From there your cache should rebuild so you can get past this (you can have this error and still boot properly so its not a showstopper)

Been using Mac 6,1 profile for 6 months on all the mavericks updates

And all the Yosemite updates until now zero issues

Installed update 10.10.2

Computer boots up normally runs for 2-5 minutes before it freezes.

I have deduced the problem is not system definitions but a new kext or change
to osx 10.10 in 10.10.2

Any one have any ideas? or am I stuck with 10.10.1 until the next update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back