Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried nv_disable=1 boot flag just to get you in then you can install the updated nvidia web drivers? You can then remove the flag once everything is installed. I had the same video card and I had to do just that for Yosemite. Hope it helps! :)

Thanks, I forgot about that. I'll have to put that somewhere so I don't forget.

First of all thanks again for all your hard work. My problem is that after this update I lost my graphics acceleration on nVidia GeForce GTX 650. I've never experienced that problem before:confused: So far I've installed CUDA driver, Web Driver, 1080p display with MB and also graphics enabler=yes&no but none of that seem to do anything.

flawless update on a Z87n-wifi. Just needed to reinstall audio as usual.

and it seems that 10.10.2 has solved the RTC wake issue :headbang:

Update from the app store without any problems with my Nvidia GT 640 2GB card. As usual, I had to re-apply the TRIM Patch and reinstall audio driver using MultiBeast.:headbang:

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the full Yosemite 10.10.2 installer from the App Store? I want to download it so I can update the Unibeast and Clover sticks I keep handy, but when I click "Download" nothing happens other than the button turning a lighter gray.

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the full Yosemite 10.10.2 installer from the App Store? I want to download it so I can update the Unibeast and Clover sticks I keep handy, but when I click "Download" nothing happens other than the button turning a lighter gray.

Yes, I've been having this problem on both of my machines since the 10.10.1 update. I select 'Download', get a message that 10.10.2 is already installed, and then I click 'Continue". The gear starts spinning in the upper left of the window but nothing else happens. Did some checking and I found that I get the following message in Console after I try to initiate the download:

1/29/15 7:33:25.000 PM kernel[0]: BUG in process suhelperd[914]: over-released legacy external boost assertions (1 total, 1 external, 0 legacy-external)

Did a google search and had lots of hits regarding this bug on hacks and real Macs. Unfortunately, I haven't found a fix for it.

-bth

Edit: Tried to download via ethernet and wi-fi with same result.

Up and running, except no audio devices. Had audio briefly, and lost it after multibeast ALC887 (current) install. Installer halted and froze due to outdated Nvidia Web drivers (set to OS X drivers in nvidia pane before updating). Updated Web drvrs and Cuda, and boots fine now with both web and Os X drvrs. Will not boot with kext cache=yes. (Disabled cache =No, pending further testing) 'waiting for root' error with cache enabled. Trim patch is working via multibeast. Seems like audio should work, but does anyone have an HDA.kext that worked in beta?

UPDATE: Set NVIDIA back to OS X drivers, and removed the NVDA string. Seems to be a conflict with the new Web drivers, and boot list kept changing after Nvidia pane adjustment, losing the dev mode=1 string, and some other strings randomly. Had to manually re edit lost strings in boot list, and re-enable dev mode, now audio works fine. I don't trust the new Web drivers and don't see a difference with my GTX 760. Plan to upgrade to a 980 at some point, and might re-enable then. For now the web drivers just seem to be problematic, and don't seem to make any difference with this card.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back