Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system updated fine. I used disk util from my repair partition to push my current system to my backup partition. Then booted to the backup by selecting it in clover. Verified it boots fine. Ran the update using app store. Lost sound but added it back with multibeast ALC892. Checked everything and so far everything is fine. Will update my primary partition after a day or so just to make sure its all good.

Updated via MAS following Storks wonderful instructions (as always).

1) Had to boot into SSD with 10.9.5 installed so that I could delete appropriate kext that cause KP on the MacPRO 5,1 sysdef
2) Had to then boot into 10.10.2 in safe mode so that I could reinstall Chimera and audio kext
3) Rebooted into working 10.10.2

Thank you all here at tonymacx86 that makes this craziness sane!

Native support for HD4400 mobile was removed.

You need to use config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086

(Also make sure you're using the new FakePCIID solution).
I installed FakePCIID and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400 (versions from 8th of January 2015) and changed intelGFX to 0x04128086 in Clover, but still no Graphics.

Native support for HD4400 mobile was removed.

You need to use config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086

(Also make sure you're using the new FakePCIID solution).

Hey Rehabman, Not working at all intel HD 4400? What should i do with chameleon then?

Store install.
I went through a number of cold reboots (kernel panics, froze, no sound, fix permissions, kernel panic...)
-F is your friend.
Only did a Multibeast 892 reinstall other than the reboots.

Working!

I have a basic Haswell system with no SSD and with just the IGPU (4800). My wife is not happy about the update working as I can now scratch my Guild Wars 2 itch. Win some and lose some. :)

I get freeze after 1 or 2 minutes into system after installing nvidia web drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back