Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you notice any performance upgrades after you moved to clover? I've never been able to pull the same performance from my nVidia GTX 670 2Gb card as i do in Windows with gaming. Every though it appears to be working just fine, the card doesn't push as hard. I even notice a different in temperatures / fan noise when running under windows. I can tell the card is holding back under Hackintosh. I've always wondered why this was, and am curious if moving to clover addresses any of it. I see the card speed step up and down, and I also use the nVidia reference drivers.

Hi there Tony i´m a noob at hackintosh however after much effort and this great website i managed to put on, until today when i updated and then this Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 3.46.12 AM.png it won´t even detect my graphics card anymore (gtx970) and uses nvidia default driver.

thanks for reading i appreciate the help bro.

Hi there Tony i´m a noob at hackintosh however after much effort and this great website i managed to put on, until today when i updated and then this View attachment 129810 it won´t even detect my graphics card anymore (gtx970) and uses nvidia default driver.

thanks for reading i appreciate the help bro.

Hi!

I think that have downloaded the "security update 2015-002" that change the kernel, so I think that you'll have to wait till NVIDIA release a new driver, or use the integrated graphics card meanwhile.

Cheers,

Roy

Beta drivers did work for the GTX 970.

I couldn't get the computer to use the HD4600 if the GPU had power so I had to boot with it unplugged and install the beta drivers. However the Nvidia installer won't let you install the drivers if it doesn't detect a card. If you have Flat Package Editor open up the driver package and drag the Distribution file to your desktop. Open that up with text editor and change the zero circled below to a "1" and save. Go back to Flat package editor and delete the Distribution file. Now drag the edited Distribution file into the flat package editor window and save. Now run the driver installer and it shouldn't complain. Shutdown and reconnect the card.

View attachment 123994

I saw this post of yours and the one related to the Security update breaking the Nvidia web drivers, and figured this was a slam dunk. But no matter what I do, the modified package will not run. I get a JavascriptError when I attempt to run the package. I suspect this is related to what is now a bad signature on the package. Of course, I don't have the cert I need to re-sign it.... What am I missing???

I installed the combo version and now osx is not able to boot. I get an panic and sudden reboot.
2015-03-19 00.50.10.jpg
I'm able to start the system with the bootable usb-stick and choose the root partition with boot flags -x and (I think) -no-zp.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Is it something with fake smc of applehda? Or kernel?

So, I tried the update and failed badly.

I downloaded the combo update, followed storks' recommendations, but couldn't get my system to boot after applying the combo update. I do have a GTX970 card, which was working just fine with 10.10.1, but I can't tell if that was the problem or not.

I was able to boot with nv_disable=1 (nothing else worked), but when I tried to login, spinning wheels and no login after 20 minutes. I did wonder if my version of the web drivers was the problem, but I did try and update, and nVidia's web site said I had the latest for my card: 343.02.01f01

My system hardware is listed in my profile.

Any ideas out there?

Were you able to resolve this? I'm having the same issue.

No, I wasn't. Still not working. I don't know what the problem is at this point. I think it's related to the Video display, but not sure.d

Well, that was kind of painful......

Upgrade from 10.10.1 to 10.10.2 with new security patch

So, I have a GTX 980 so mine was kind of complicated.

1. Change to the OSX driver
2. Repair permissions
3. Download the absolute LATEST NVidia web drivers: WebDriver-343.02.02f04.
4. Change the system def from imac 14,2 to mac pro 3,1
5. Reboot using -x -nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 ncpi=0x3000
6. Login, repair permissions and apply the combo update for 10.10.2.
7. Reboot using -x, etc.
8. Login, repair permissions and apply the security update
9. Change the info.plist for NVidia to 14C1514, via this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-2015-003-breaks-nvidia-web-driver-again.html
10. Reboot using -x only, repair permissions
11. Reboot again, login and change NVidia web driver from OSX to NVidia drivers
12. Reboot again, login, repair permissions
13. Change system def back to imac14,2
14 Reboot again, and finally done.

Hi everybody !

Could someone upload the original/genuine darwin kernel 14.1.0 of the 10.10.2 update so i can patch it ?

It's the only way i can get my 10.10.2 working since i erased the original for a 10.10.x working patched kernel (Haswell early reboot problem) with no success. Predictable. :yawn:

Edit: It's okay i used pacifist to extract it from the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back