Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also lost audio. I'm on Clover with ALC 1150. Re-ran Toledo's audio_realtekALC-100.command patch and I do get Output devices, but sound does not work for me.

System Info...

Bootloader: Clover
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5
CPU: i7-4790K

I updated with Clover. I had to update my 970 with the latest NVIDIA beta drivers. I lost my HDMI audio, but the guy who wrote the original HDMIAudio kext is working on a new release soon. I lost my ALC1150 audio as well, but I reran toleda's script and gained my motherboard's audio back.

One annoying thing, I keep getting an "update required" pop up with CUDA every time I log in, even though there is no update available. Anyone else getting that?

Updated tonight, Clover MSI Z97 Gaming 7/i7-4790k/GTX 760. Lost audio (ALC1150), reapplied Toledo's patch and everything seems to be in good order, except audio is going through HDMI right now so I don't know for sure if the ports are actually working.

After update to 10.10.2 ....................
No audio --> fix re instal.
No GPU --> Display with 4mb --> NOT FIX IT YET
No Brightness control at all
All fix to DSDT, SSDT not work, like no exist .
I have Clover Boot.

Native support for HD4400 mobile was removed.

You need to use config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086

(Also make sure you're using the new FakePCIID solution).

Updated through the App Store on a Gigabyte GA-Z87x-UDH4 and it blew up my Clover install.

Upon reboot it went into a endless reboot cycle which could only be stopped by booting in safe mode.

Figured out it was something to do with Clover, pulled the drive and reformatted the EFI partition on my laptop, reinstalled Clover and re-did the config file from scratch.

Not sure what it was exactly, but it seems to have been with the iMessage hack and the ROM and MBSerial.

Not the smoothest update, but a couple hours of tinkering and all is back to normal.

Tried app store, same hang as delta stand alone. it may hang at 10 minutes remaining, may hang at 6 minute remaining but it ALWAYS hangs. leaving for 20-30 minutes even it never resumes. The update is simply not installable. Doing searching on apple support forums several others had problem too. One user resolved by zapping nvram. Exactly how do you erase nvram on clover? with chameleon/chimera it was easy. Clover, I can find no nvram file. it's written to rom itself isn't it? Not that I'm holding breath it'll even work.

I also tried installing update in safe mode.

1/28/15 12:13:05.848 AM syncdefaultsd[695]: ***storageTaskManagerExistsWithIdentifier:withIdentifier failed: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "Couldn’t communicate with a helper application." (The connection to service named com.apple.nsurlstorage-cache was invalidated.) UserInfo=0x7fc153625290 {NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.apple.nsurlstorage-cache was invalidated.}; {
NSDebugDescription = "The connection to service named com.apple.nsurlstorage-cache was invalidated.";
}
1/28/15 12:13:05.848 AM com.apple.iCloudHelper[303]: ***storageTaskManagerExistsWithIdentifier:withIdentifier failed: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "Couldn’t communicate with a helper application." (The connection to service named com.apple.nsurlstorage-cache was invalidated.) UserInfo=0x7fb46520fcb0 {NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.apple.nsurlstorage-cache was invalidated.}; {
NSDebugDescription = "The connection to service named com.apple.nsurlstorage-cache was invalidated.";
}
1/28/15 12:13:30.500 AM com.apple.usbmuxd[54]: stopping.
1/28/15 12:13:30.507 AM com.apple.usbmuxd[730]: usbmuxd-344.3 on Oct 13 2014 at 21:10:09, running 64 bit

1/28/15 12:13:51.000 AM kernel[0]: process installd[493] caught causing excessive wakeups. Observed wakeups rate (per sec): 1068; Maximum permitted wakeups rate (per sec): 150; Observation period: 300 seconds; Task lifetime number of wakeups: 47214
1/28/15 12:13:51.432 AM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.ReportCrash.Root[731]) Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.ReportCrash.DirectoryService

With a spindump
http://pastebin.com/KKepXXDb

From what I can see the installd process died there.

EDIT
After 4 hours, i've identified the cause. It kept hanging on FSCompressor. But I know I haven't messed with that. The only thing I do mess with is VMCompressor (I turn it off with vm_compressor=1). So I removed vm_compressor=1 from boot args. Installer no longer hangs. wtf? I can only conclude there has to be some kind of typo somewhere in code where FSCompressor is in place of VMCompressor or something so disabling virtual memory compressor SOMEHOW disabled FSCompressor? On a real mac, vm_compressor=1 is stored in nvram so it also explains why users on apple support fixed it with nvram reset. As well as subset of users affected by hang was so low. Not many turn that off. Anyways, yeah. Mystery solved. Apple coders are dyslexic

Hi there,

No problemo with Clover
Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 06.39.28.png

I updated with Clover. I had to update my 970 with the latest NVIDIA beta drivers. I lost my HDMI audio, but the guy who wrote the original HDMIAudio kext is working on a new release soon. I lost my ALC1150 audio as well, but I reran toleda's script and gained my motherboard's audio back.

One annoying thing, I keep getting an "update required" pop up with CUDA every time I log in, even though there is no update available. Anyone else getting that?

HDMI audio was killed with the last driver update before the beta so it isn't the beta driver's fault. I didn't have any problem with my ALC1150 audio though.

As for the CUDA pop-up you can modify the info.plist file located in /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Resources/info.plist

Add this at the bottom of all the driver versions

Code:
<key>343.02.02</key>
<string>343.02.02</string>

As for the CUDA pop-up you can modify the info.plist file located in /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Resources/info.plist

Add this at the bottom of all the driver versions

Code:
<key>343.02.02</key>
<string>343.02.02</string>

Thanks! I'm assuming I'll have to change this when a new NVIDIA driver (343.02.03) is released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back