Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated without any problem I only had to reinstall AppleHDA patch.
My System:
- ASUS P8B75-V (patched bios for native pm)
- Core i3 2120
- 8GB DDR3 1330
- Sapphire HD 7770 Ghz edition
- 1TB WD Black HDD
- Clover

Today Apple released 10.10.2, the second major update to OS X Yosemite. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through the Mac App Store, or by using the standalone installer available from Apple.com.

Be sure to back up any important data, and if possible clone your hard drive before applying the update. If you have any issues post-update, boot using UniBeast created USB and type -f to boot without caches or -x to enter safe mode.

What we know about 10.10.2 so far...

• OS X Build 14C109
  • Kernel updated to 14.1.0 Darwin kernel
  • Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers
    • If you use patched or modified drivers, you will need to re-apply changes to the updated drivers.
    • NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers have not been updated for 10.10.2- if you have a Maxwell based GPU, don't update yet.
  • This update will replace your audio drivers.
    • If using Chimera/MultiBeast you will have to reinstall AppleHDA using MultiBeast before or after reboot
    • If you use Clover or VoodooHDA, you may not need to make any modifications
  • Storage drivers updated - 10.10.x TRIM patch will need to be reapplied before or after reboot
  • X99 kernel and chipset support still absent - Haswell-E and X99 temporary guide remains necessary.
  • Install OS X Yosemite App Updated - If you downloaded Yosemite from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. When the download finishes, the app will automatically open. The updated 10.10.2 Install OS X Yosemite App can be found in the Applications folder. You may then re-create your UniBeast installation USB.
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related Posts:
OS X 10.10.1 Update
OS X Yosemite is Now Available on the Mac App Store

OS X 10.9.5 Update

OS X 10.9.4 Update

OS X 10.9.3 Update
OS X 10.9.2 Update
OS X 10.9.1 Update
OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Anyone experienced this error with combo update?
I tried with two Mac (Real and Hack) and i've got same error. I can't install with this way.

LP

Captura de ecrã 2015-01-27, às 22.31.56.jpg

I downloaded combo updater but it won't install. Says I don't meet requirements. It looks like combo package is looking for 10.10.0 not 10.10.1. So guess downloading delta (i HATE delta updates).

Update from Appstore, Combo-Updater will not work. Trim works, no Audio,
reinstall AppleHDA via Multibeast 711 and older = no Audio.

I downloaded combo updater but it won't install. Says I don't meet requirements. It looks like combo package is looking for 10.10.0 not 10.10.1. So guess downloading delta (i HATE delta updates).

same issue here. now installing through the App Store....

I've just updated my system via Mac App Store and everything works fine, I did the repairs in terminal before and after the installation. I'm using chimera.
I had to reinstall these with multibeast:

-ALC898 audio driver
-10.10.x TRIM Patch
-HDAEnabler1
-HDAEnabler2

Motherboard: GA-Z87X-UD3H

Cheers! :)

Screen Shot 2015-01-27 at 23.57.05.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back