Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
much better stability in 10.10.2 than in .1
USB hasn't hanged since 10.10.2
wake from sleep has not caused issues

those were my two biggest lingering complaints. Great job to all doing the debugging.

Gigabyte H97, Core-i3 with on-board graphics

didnt get it working with my setup. dont know why...

now i have waiting for dsmos...

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can assist me here, I updated via AppStore and was able to boot back in to 10.10.2 after which the Audio wasn't working so i fired up Multibeast 7.2 and loaded the old settings i had saved in Documents after which it updated some of the old Kexts and then I restarted, now It just hangs I can't seem to boot up no matter what flag I use I've tried -x safe mode but it just boots into black screen and -v -f with PCIRootUID=1 as well as GraphicsEnabler=Yes
I've attached the screen shots below

My PC Specs are
Intel Core i5-2500k @3.30ghz
MSI z77a
8gig 133mhz ram
Nvidia GTX 570
160gig HDD

The hackingtosh has been running smoothly since the Mavericks and I successfully updated to Yosemite and now I'm not sure what could be causing this error

Attachments

• FullSizeRender - Copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender - Copy.jpg
    705.3 KB · Views: 265
  • FullSizeRender (1) - Copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender (1) - Copy.jpg
    598.7 KB · Views: 209
as far as i know has the dsmos something to do with the fakesmc, i have the same problem on my mackintosh. maybe an default fakesmc kext in uni and multibeast?...i will try older versions...

I didn't go through the recommended preparations and am now dealing with this obvious update error.

Is there any way to restart my mac and restore from a time machine backup?

I'm running with Yosemite 10.10.2 on a dual RAID SSD with a backup on an external hard-drive

slack_for_ios_upload.jpg

Worked like a charm on Clover bootloader!!!! Had to reapply TRIM patch from Multibeast 7.2...

If you're using Clover, you can patch TRIM so it's update protected...

Get Clover Configurator and do the following:

1) Navigate to Kernel and Kexts Patches
2) Add a row to Kexts To Patch and enter the following:

Name: IOAHCIBlockStorage

Find* [HEX]: QVBQTEUgU1NEAA==

Replace* [HEX]: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

Save the config file and reboot.

Updated Clover to latest as of today (3168), then ran the more recent version of the 10.10.2 combo updater. Most was good but TRIM Enabler wouldn't stick. Gave up and patched for TRIM via Clover (http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches).

CPU and board: i4790K, GA-Z97-D3H.

I'll get around to patching the latest nVidia web driver installer to work with my virtual iMac 14,2 setup (as I have to with my real iMac).

Updated via App store. Now I can't boot. Gets stuck at the Apple logo with a progress bar that will not progress past 1/3. I'm trying to boot via usb and it does the same thing.

If you have a GTX 970 then the nVidia drivers for 10.10.2 will need to be downloaded to be able to boot without any bootflags. Boot using nv_disable=1

Good to go on the B85M and i3 4340 updating using the App Store. :) I re-enabled sound using KextUtility and the AppleHDA and HDAEnabler1 kexts from Mavericks.

The jury is still out as to whether it resolves the WiFi issues because the drop was random and rare. It will take some time for me to see whether or not the drop occurs again.

Tom

1/31/15

All I can say is "Wow!" I've got a level of stability that I haven't seen since Mountain Lion. WiFi definitely seems fixed.

2/4/15

WiFi drop not fixed. :( It's definitely better, but it's not there yet.

I'm using a real iMac and had the Wifi problem in 10.10.1 but it has been resolved in 10.10.2. Could it perhaps be your hardware, or maybe a kext issue?

I am currently using Clover boot loader, and I am injecting audio through Clover, I use a modified AppleHDA.kext.
Every time I update OS X, this time was 10.10.2, I get a Panic reboot, and I am not able to boot unless I use -X (safeboot). Took me a while to remember, that the fix for me was quite easy.
Just replaced the AppleHDA.kext file from /S/L/E, with the one from my TimeMachine Backup; and that´s it. Was able to boot normally. Maybe this hint might help somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back