Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.10.1 Update

i fixed mine doing:
run clover configurator
mount efi partition
BACKUP your config.plist in efi partition, clover folder to somewhere else
load config.plist
go to smbios tab (it must be now populated with your current S/N)
click the wizard icon and switch system definition to macpro 3,1. or 4,1. or 5,1
save settings by clicking the export button
reboot
now install the nvidia driver
reboot
display driver should be working correctly now
go to clover configurator again, mount efi and replace the config.plist file with the original one you backed up previously
reboot
enjoy

Thanks so much for replying to my concern!!!! I really appreciate it :)

Unfortunately the fire burning inside me to get this thing going drove me to decide on trying a fresh install with clover instead of a migration from chimera to clover like I did before. If I still can't iron things out i'll get to where i was with chimera, migrate to where i was again, and use your method.

Upgraded from 10.10 to 10.10.1 with no problems, also took the time to add Toledo's Clover Audio Patch and added Patch for TRIM at boot. :D

I'm not sure what went wrong but the upgrade went off without a hitch and i lost sound (as expected) as well as my NVIDIA drivers for the GTX970.

A Reboot loaded fine (without sound) and NVIDIA graphics reloaded without a hitch.

I then loaded mulitbeast and reinstalled the audio drivers (ALC1150) and rebooted.

That's when the S**t in the fan. I kept getting a Kernel Panic with the last error message being "System uptime in Nanoseconds"

Tired booting in safe mode, tried disabling the NVIDIA Drivers (though i knew they were not the issue) and then in desperation removed the USB dongle for my D-Link DWA-160

And guess what? It loaded!

No idea what a USB port would cause a Kernel Panic but happy that I seemed to have found the issue after the update

Board is a Mini-ITX MSI Z97i Gaming AC

Use Updater after repairing permissions, reboot and everything went fine except Audio ALC889 show "No devices found" . (Webcam Logitech C525 ok)
Ran Latest Multibeast 7.02 and install kext for ALC889 ... Still No Audio, no devices.
Use old trick found here : Ran MultiBeast version 6.22 , install only ALC889 DSDT Free then Devices and Audio are back fine.
Thanks you.
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 (F6)

Same for me, I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R (F10).
All the rest works fine.
Thanks for the trick

GA-P55-UD4P
Updated to 10.10.1 via the App Stpre. Had to reinstall TRIM and CMOS reset patch with Multibeast. Everything else fine (sound, network, etc). Still no NVRAM support with Chimera though so iMessage still not working. Have tried to make a Clover install USB stick for this board with no luck yet.

Running Clover, Trim Fix, Mac Mini 6.2, on my Desktop

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-T
Intel Core i7-3770K

everything is working great for years now, never had problems with any update, but this one :(..

I tried to update my 10.10 installation (according to the guide) to 10.10.1 a few times via app store update and combo update and i always end up in a boot loop.
I have absolutely no clue what´s the problem...

Seamless update -- I was a bit scared but all went well. No need to run Multibeast either. I use external USB sound so not bothered about internal though. GA-Z97N-WIFI.

Boot From Chimero Not Working wth 10.10.1 from laptop hp elitebook 9470m

upgraded my laptop hp elitebook 9470m 10.10. system to 10.10.1, everything fine, but the boot with Chimera not working, reinstall chimera again and nothing happens, reboot the system and nothing... apply boot -v and nothing happens, only works the system booting with chimera from USB.

Repair permisions: nothing
reinstall some kext, (ahci or something for the system): error to install.

i Will try Reinstall YOsemite, then upgrade to 10.10.1 and the install kext, etc..

On latest clover. Had trim update in clover config. Installed from app store and rebooted. Still have sound, still have trim. No issues. Seems snappier.
Gotta love clover.

GA X58A-UD3R
Clover

Updated from AppStore like a real Mac. Repaired permissions before the update just in case.
As simple as that ))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back