Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how long it takes to update the nvidia driver? I'm running without my gtx 750 ti..!!

It so happened I upgraded my system from Mavericks to Yosemite today, so this update came right on the heels of that. My system is based on GA-Z68XP-UD3 with UEFI bios, and the only kernel extensions needed have been FakeSMC and NullPowerManagement. (It has wired and wifi cards recognized as native, and uses a Logitech soundbar so doesn't use sound kext.)

The upgrade itself, following the instruction here, went without a hitch (I did reinstall the two kexts). Soon afterwards a notice about OS X update came up from the AppStore, so I let the system take care of it; but this turned out to be a bit clunky experience. After the system was updated it went into a restart; but it then sat idle (shut down but still powered). Manually restarting with a reset button led to the progress bar stopping at about third of the way, then the system hanging with a blank screen without a cursor arrow.

Restarted the system with the Unibeast stick and repaired permission from the command line (quite a few errors here); then downloaded the 10.10.1 update and applied it. After that the system went into a normal restart and it's been fine since.

A bit disappointed that update through the App Store didn't work - it always did under Mavericks.

Works like a 'charm'...(how does a charm work in this day and age?).

Article: OS X 10.10.1 Update

I have just got that update on my ProBook 4530s(Clover)) No patches no interactions just like a real mac))

Be aware that the old alternative driver doesn't work in 10.10.1, so any one counted on that need to wait nVidia for waiting it before you update 10.10.1

Use Updater after repairing permissions, reboot and everything went fine except Audio ALC889 show "No devices found" . (Webcam Logitech C525 ok)
Ran Latest Multibeast 7.02 and install kext for ALC889 ... Still No Audio, no devices.
Use old trick found here : Ran MultiBeast version 6.22 , install only ALC889 DSDT Free then Devices and Audio are back fine.
Thanks you.
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 (F6)

Worked for me - Z97-D3H + i7-4790 with Dual 24" on HD4600. TRIM in clover so no changes, I only had to re-install ALC1150 via multibeast in safemode.

10.10.1 Works fine on Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3, downloaded from AppStore.

-Install update
-Update will auto install and Reboot PC
-install audio kext ALC889
-Re Enable TRIM on SSD using Multibeast
-Reboot and your done

Works all, except, Imessage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back