Contribute
Register

OS Upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy another hard drive, clone your current setup, and upgrade your cloned drive.... or do clean install on new drive and just re-import your old data to your new drive.

Are you planning hardware upgrade or OS upgrade? Else why post in Buying Advice?
To upgrade to Sierra from Mavericks see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/direct-update-to-macos-sierra-using-clover.201465/ or do a clean install.

Hi guys, Thanks for the replies. Apologies for posting in this section. Won't happen again. I am planning mainly an OS upgrade. What I want to know is if my config will allow an upgrade to Sierra? Also, if there are any guides to do this please do share.

Thanks a lot!
:)

Buy another hard drive, clone your current setup, and upgrade your cloned drive.... or do clean install on new drive and just re-import your old data to your new drive.

Hi Powerpcg5,
Is it really that simple? What about all the kexts and other things we have to do with the boot menu setup?

Thanks,

Hi Powerpcg5,
Is it really that simple? What about all the kexts and other things we have to do with the boot menu setup?

Thanks,
Yes, it is really that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back