Contribute
Register

os sierra on HP EliteBook 8470p or better El Capitan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I just want to start with an Hackintosh because my MBA is causing trouble now. After reading different guides and forum posts (thank you for all this effort), I got a used EliteBook 8470p. It has an Intel Wifi card inside so I replaced it with an Broadcom one (582564-002). The information about that was addressed towards the 8x60p and not the 8x70p but I thought that this would be the better solution as this card is listed in the list of working cards and is not listed as removed inside the os sierra topics post / removed wifi cards. (I hope that I understood everything correctly).

Now I would follow the HP guide inside the El Capitan laptop guides forum to install OS X with clover on my EliteBook.

But the first question I run into now is: os sierra is out and I am wondering if the guide could be followed with os sierra instead? Or should I stick to El Capitan? If so: is it safe to update to os sierra after the installation or is it best to stay on el capitan?

Would be great to get a quick advice. Would follow the advice in the next days and come back with results in this thread (or is it prefered to have one thread per topic and new problem / question = new topic?).

Thank you very much for your assistence.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Hi,

I just want to start with an Hackintosh because my MBA is causing trouble now. After reading different guides and forum posts (thank you for all this effort), I got a used EliteBook 8470p. It has an Intel Wifi card inside so I replaced it with an Broadcom one (582564-002). The information about that was addressed towards the 8x60p and not the 8x70p but I thought that this would be the better solution as this card is listed in the list of working cards and is not listed as removed inside the os sierra topics post / removed wifi cards. (I hope that I understood everything correctly).

Now I would follow the HP guide inside the El Capitan laptop guides forum to install OS X with clover on my EliteBook.

But the first question I run into now is: os sierra is out and I am wondering if the guide could be followed with os sierra instead? Or should I stick to El Capitan? If so: is it safe to update to os sierra after the installation or is it best to stay on el capitan?

Would be great to get a quick advice. Would follow the advice in the next days and come back with results in this thread (or is it prefered to have one thread per topic and new problem / question = new topic?).

Thank you very much for your assistence.

With kind regards,

Konrad

The guide also supports Sierra as written:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Hi RehabMan,

thank you, must have missed that. So I will directly try it with os sierra.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Hi RehabMan,

I did the installation of os sierra on my HP EliteBook 8470p and it works. But I have a few problems with it:

When I use the config file that I get inside the probook.git/config file (config_8x70p.plist) then I my screen is not correct. It looks like someone took my screen and pulled it to the double width - so that I only see the left half of my screen on my monitor. WLAN is working fine with this config file.

With the config file that I got during the creation of the install usb stick (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config - config_HD4000_1600x900.plist) the graphic is correct but my wlan is not working.)

I had a look at it but I was unable to find the area that needs to be changed so that everything works fine ...

It would be great if you could help me out or just point me to the correct direction to solve this issue. The attached file hopefully contains all information you need (config files, and output of requested command lines and the aml files from patchmatric).

If I missed anything then I am sorry. Just tell me what else you need to help me.

Thank you in advance for your time.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    663.7 KB · Views: 181
Hi RehabMan,

I did the installation of os sierra on my HP EliteBook 8470p and it works. But I have a few problems with it:

When I use the config file that I get inside the probook.git/config file (config_8x70p.plist) then I my screen is not correct. It looks like someone took my screen and pulled it to the double width - so that I only see the left half of my screen on my monitor. WLAN is working fine with this config file.

With the config file that I got during the creation of the install usb stick (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config - config_HD4000_1600x900.plist) the graphic is correct but my wlan is not working.)

I had a look at it but I was unable to find the area that needs to be changed so that everything works fine ...

It would be great if you could help me out or just point me to the correct direction to solve this issue. The attached file hopefully contains all information you need (config files, and output of requested command lines and the aml files from patchmatric).

If I missed anything then I am sorry. Just tell me what else you need to help me.

Thank you in advance for your time.

With kind regards,

Konrad

It sounds like you used the wrong parameter to install_acpi.sh.

Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hi RehabMan,

great pointer. There are only 2 possible parameters so I tried the _hires one and now it works great! (Sorry, that I missed that one when I went through the guide).

Thank you very much for your quick responses and your help!

With kind regards,

Konrad

Hi RehabMan,

great pointer. There are only 2 possible parameters so I tried the _hires one and now it works great! (Sorry, that I missed that one when I went through the guide).

Thank you very much for your quick responses and your help!

With kind regards,

Konrad

Don't forget to fill out your profile as requested in the FAQ/guide.

Reminder of how it reads...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Hey I have also recently hackintoshed an hp elitebook 8470p on sierra.

I can't seem to get correct audio kexts, did you manage to get your speakers working?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back