1. 0
Hi everyone,

iMac (27inch late 2013)
macOS Sierra
3.09 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
EVGA GeForce GTX 460 SE 1024 MB
Gigabyte MOBO

I have the latest osSierra installed for the last 8 months or so, but i've set it to the side because it runs just way too slow. I'd really like to figure this issue out before upgrading though. All drivers are up to date, running clover. the apple loading screan only takes a couple of minutes to load, once to the desktop, the system takes about 20 minutes before the HDD finally quits running nonstop. When i check the activity monitor, my CPU is always sitting at 85% idle, and only 3gb or so of ram is being used. i just can't seem to pinpoint the bottleneck. even after the HDD idles, It shouldn't take 15 minutes to copy a 1gb file on the same HDD. I can't multitask by any means without the system drastically dropping in speed. yet the CPU is still 80%-90% idle? I'm not sure. any ideas? thanks!!

@ksimpson1986, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back