Contribute
Register

OS Mojave 10.14.6 archive utility randomly puts some extractions in the downloads folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Z390 H GAMING-Clover
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I'm running 10.14.6 on a machine I built for work a few years ago. In the last few weeks, the archive utility will randomly decide that it wants to unzip some files to the downloads folder and not the same directory as the .zip file.

I deal with large media files for work and I often download them directly to their own directories on a separate SSD from my system so that my system drive doesn't just senselessly fill up with all kinds of work nonsense. In the last couple of weeks, the above problem has begun happening. It doesn't happen every time I unzip something, and I've checked the preferences in Archive Utility to make sure it's set to extract files to the same directory as the source .zip file. It's a pain because I sometimes have to realize that the extracted data isn't actually where I expect it to be and then have to spend time copying the data back to the drive it already came from.

This never used to happen until just a couple of weeks ago and it seems to be getting worse as time goes on. Has anyone experienced this and if so do you know of any soliution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back