Motherboard
Mac Pro Late 2013
CPU
3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5
Graphics
AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Anyone know why I'm not able to click on any of the OS Install options here? Thank you!!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 8.50.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 8.50.33 AM.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 98
Anyone know why I'm not able to click on any of the OS Install options here? Thank you!!!!!

No need to use UniBeast on a real Mac Pro.

Is there any reason you are trying to do this?

Any reason you are trying to install such an old OS X ?

:)

Can't update Mac Pro itself because I will lose functionality of some applications so I need to boot from an external drive. Can you help?

With a REAL mac, you can easily partition a drive and boot to as many different OS's that the computer supports. What is your current OS, and which OS are you trying to install? If you need to go higher than what your apple hardware officially supports, you can get patchers to install newer versions from dosdude1.com and they work fine.

Looks like a Mac Pro late 2013 came preinstalled with Mavericks 10.9.1 and will run all the way to current Catalina with no patching required. Not sure if you can load an older pre-Mavericks on there.

Last edited:
I don't understand this "real" Mac Pro term. I have a late 2013 Mac Pro. I can see it, touch it, hear it. It's "real". Anyway, I'm running 10.9.5, just trying to install Yosemite. Can anyone explain why it's greyed out when I try to use Unibeast?

I don't understand this "real" Mac Pro term. I have a late 2013 Mac Pro. I can see it, touch it, hear it. It's "real". Anyway, I'm running 10.9.5, just trying to install Yosemite. Can anyone explain why it's greyed out when I try to use Unibeast?
have you downloaded Yosemite yet?

DONT USE UNIBEAST.

1. UniBeast needs the actual installer apps in the Applications folder to create boot media. If you don't have the installer, it will be greyed out.

2. Just get the installer from apple and install it directly. Make a separate partition on your internal drive and install it htere.

I don't understand this "real" Mac Pro term
This is a Hackintosh site, our PCs are spoofing actual Macs. 'Real' determines between a Mac and a Hack.
There is no need to use UniBeast to install an OS on a Mac.

Using Hack tools on a real Mac may brick it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back