Contribute
Register

OS Boot Errors - [PCI Configuration Begin] and Others (Help?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this issue still unresolved? I am having the same issue on my GA-Z87MX-D3H setup.

Thanks

A bit late but if it is of use to anyone now or in the future, the following fixed PCI Coniguration Begins freeze/error.

Code:
-v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID= 0 npci=0x3000

(Run in verbose just in case)

Tried following along and have issues getting past similar PCI Configuration Begin and End. Suggestions?

Edit: Using -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 I get this now... Further along but is it?

Attachments

• IMG_1351.JPG
    IMG_1351.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1352.JPG
    IMG_1352.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 149
Switch to Clover for your boot loader.
Wasn't getting anywhere with Clover, but given I've learned a bit more now, I think I'll give it another shot. Thanks for the reminder I may be working against myself using chimera

EDIT: The step when I was using Clover method was where I was to enter this: sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --no interaction

I'll redo a clover bootable usb and enter that in terminal and post the response (assuming I get it again as I did before). Appreciated!

Did a clover version. Ran the terminal script and received this:
sh-3.2# sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --no interaction
sudo: unable to stat /etc/sudoers: Permission denied
sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting

Made sure root access was turned on and I even entered su and the password and rerain that script.

After that didn't work I attempted to select boot device after optimized default settings and disabling VT-d. Made sure secure boot was set to other os and cleared secured keys.
Tried selecting my UEFI:USB and was brought to the clover boot menu. Attempted to boot OSX off USB as there weren't many other options that seemed to be the right choice. Got the black screen with apple boot logo but it soon shut down computer automatically.

Did a clover version. Ran the terminal script and received this:
sh-3.2# sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --no interaction
sudo: unable to stat /etc/sudoers: Permission denied
sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting

Made sure root access was turned on and I even entered su and the password and rerain that script.

After that didn't work I attempted to select boot device after optimized default settings and disabling VT-d. Made sure secure boot was set to other os and cleared secured keys.
Tried selecting my UEFI:USB and was brought to the clover boot menu. Attempted to boot OSX off USB as there weren't many other options that seemed to be the right choice. Got the black screen with apple boot logo but it soon shut down computer automatically.

I have no idea which guide you are following but the majority of that is unnecessary.

See this guide :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/test-drive-how-to-create-a-clover-usb.127134/

I have no idea which guide you are following but the majority of that is unnecessary.

See this guide :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/test-drive-how-to-create-a-clover-usb.127134/

I followed that guide as well which brings me to clover boot menu (after having done all the clover custom install on the usb device prior and checking the corresponding boxes for UEFI. I boot and select my UEFI: USB and get to the bootcamp themed loader. I don't see an option to install , just the shell64 and other options on that same line (restart, shut down, etc).

I followed that guide as well which brings me to clover boot menu (after having done all the clover custom install on the usb device prior and checking the corresponding boxes for UEFI. I boot and select my UEFI: USB and get to the bootcamp themed loader. I don't see an option to install , just the shell64 and other options on that same line (restart, shut down, etc).

Install what ?
If you follow the linked guide you create a USB flash drive that will boot your existing OS X using the Clover boot loader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back