CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
Nvidia GT 120
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Hi guys,

I bought a new SSD (Crucial BX300) to copy on it my operating MacOS Yosemite (from an OCZ Vertex) in order to work on the OS from the new one. But now no one of them is booting! it just get stuck halfway through the loading apple screen. I think it was pretty easy to do this but I made some mistakes because of my amateur skills, specially on EFI partition.
To be clear I did the following steps :

1) I cloned the OCZ on the Crucial with Carbon Copy Cloner, and enable the Recovery HD option, as suggested by CCC
2) Then I installed a few drivers (few ones I know it worked but not sure what I have to really do at that moment) for my Asus P8Z68 V PRO motherboard with MultiBeast, and then restarted the computer, but this didn't make the new SSD boot ("boot = error" on the screen)
3) So from there I opened EFI Mounter V3 program on my old SSD and seeing that two EFI folders had appeared on it I deleted them, because I thought these folders should have been on the new SSD and not the new one (I think this is the first big mistake).
4) So I decide to install Clover on both SSDs and I rebooted. The white boot menu of Clover let me choose between booting from the new SSD and the old one, and also 2 Recovery HD
5) I tested both booting of the SSDs and both were working apparently fine
6) And then because I didn't have enough information on how to make it boot normally (without the clover menu) I tried the Recovery HD booting to see what would happened, this didn't boot, and from here no one of the SSDs want to boot anymore.

So if you guys have an idea for all of this it would be so great ! I just wanted to migrate my macOS on a new drive and now my two SSDs aren't working.

Thank you !

Last edited:
I made a new bootable USB key with Yosemite, and now with Chimera and the boot flag -x (safe mode), it opens my old SSD session. Does it means I installed wrongs kexts in step 2) that are messing around with my EFI partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back