Integrated (HD4600)
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi folks,

I messed up my wifes MacBook by installing a MBP EFI update.
After restart it did not recognize USB, trackpad and keyboard (Sierra booted); they are recognized fine in the boot loader screen or when having El Capitan installed.
As Apple did never release a firmware update for that specific machine, I di not know, where to get the original firmware from. What I need is MB61.00C8.B00.

The background:
Tried to update from Sierra (10.12) to High Sierra (10.13). It told me that my firmware was "wrong" (don't know the exact wording). After searching for an update, I came across this article:
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/95061/is-there-a-firmware-upgrade-for-the-macbook6-1-from-mb61-00c8-b00-to-b02/236560
So I gave it a try and the update went fine. Just no working USB (mouse led is on, but no function), no trackpad and no internal keyboard. As mentioned, El Capitan could be installed. After searching the net, I found out, that although the MacBook white Unibody 2009 and the MacBook Pro 13" share the same internals, Apple allowed the Sierra Update for the MacBook, but not for the MacBook Pro. That is where I am stuck now. I have El Capitan running, but I want to revert to the original firmware as I'd like to update to High Sierra. F**k!
Apple offers firmware restoration CDs but not for the machine I need it for. Probably due to the fact, that they never updated the EFI firmware on that machine.
So if there is anybody that could extract the original MB61.00C8.B00 firmware file and share it with me, I would be very happy.
Maybe the firmware files are also placed somewhere in the original (10.6.1) installation discs? If so, I have no clue, where to find them.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thought, updating my hackintosh server would be tricky. Did not expect, one of the original Macs to stress me that hard.

Cheers
Markus

PS: If no answer, I will try to revert to "original" EFI firmware by following this article:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3072620?tstart=0
Obviously it will remain a white unibody MacBook Pro then ;)

Model Name: MacBook (now shown as MacBook Pro)
Model Identifier: MacBook6,1 (now shown as MacBookPro5,5)
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03