Contribute
Register

original apple graphics cards, works in a hackintosh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8-P67PRO
CPU
I7-2600k
Graphics
GT120 & GTX 460
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I need to make a stable hackintosh, but actually I am using gtx 460 an it is a pain....

I have to use a cuda card an then a gui card, maybe gtx285/4000 and gt120/5770 respectively.

those cards will works fine ?

If you're planning on running OS X Lion I'm pretty sure all of the problems with the gtx 460 (aside from getting your system together from scratch) are solved and you don't have to worry and can enjoy your card...
However if you don't want to use Lion or even try out the gtx 460 on Lion and see if it works, for all of those other cards there are guides on the forums I'm pretty sure that you can easily search. If not, the best thing to do is experiment :)

thanks Zack, Understod.

But my question was another, when 10.7.1 will be out, who knows what happend... I am a bit tired to experiment. And I dont have money for a macpro !

all hackintoshes are more work, more risk then a macpro, that's what you get for the money you save, if you don't have the patience or the willing to plan ahead for problems then you should save your money for a macpro.

that said, your problem with the gtx460 is your fault, this card (and all fermi) has been known to cause issues with hackintosh since they came out last year. i have a gts450 and lived with snow leopard issues all that time until lion came out. If i had bought a radeon 5770 last year i would have had no issues all this time.

there are always risks that what you buy now will not work later when you do this. but remember you don't always have to update. i have a netbook running snowleopard 10.6.2 and another laptop still on leopard, of course there are things i cannot use, but both are still useable day-to-day. and even if you plan on updating, you always have to do it the right way, meaning you have to create bootable backups and always be ready to restore.

you have to decide what is more important to you, the money to buy a real apple or the time/hassle of dealing with a hackintosh. for those of us that enjoy the tinkering, we use hackintosh :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back