Hewlett-Packard Pavilion 15-p258nl
CPU
i7-5500U
Graphics
HD 5500 & GT840M (1366x768)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
According to my kextcache_log seems that the kext it's not loaded in prelinked kernel.
Updating from beta 1 to beta 2 I realized that the trackpad prefpanel doesn't open anymore, while in beta 1 the prefpanel opened but did not recognize the trackpad, in beta 2 the prefpanel does not work completely, reporting the error: "Impossible to load preference panel for Trackpad".
Any help is welcome.
Have a nice day

Attachments

• debug_16100.zip
    4 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:
According to my kextcache_log seems that the kext it's not loaded in prelinked kernel.
Updating from beta 1 to beta 2 I realized that the trackpad prefpanel doesn't open anymore, while in beta 1 the prefpanel opened but did not recognize the trackpad, in beta 2 the prefpanel does not work completely, reporting the error: "Impossible to load preference panel for Trackpad".
Any help is welcome.
Have a nice day
No issues with it at all, im running Catalina PB2 and everything is working perfect.
You either:
- Installed incorrectly
- Tried to edit the kext and messed up something
- Corrupted kext

Download latest version one more time.

Remove the old kext with correct terminal command:
Code:
sudo rm -Rf /Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext
Rebuild caches with:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i/

Then re-install the clean re-downloaded kext by simply copying the kext on desktop and by entering following terminal commands:
Code:
cd desktop

sudo cp -R VoodooPS2Controller.kext /Library/Extensions/

Rebuild caches again:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Reboot and you should have no issues.

Hi Sniki I'll give a try later, but the kext is a Acidanthera brand builded by is repo few days ago.
I also tried to re-download it.
Would you advise me to use the rehabman repo?

Hi Sniki I'll give a try later, but the kext is a Acidanthera brand builded by is repo few days ago.
I also tried to re-download it.
Would you advise me to use the rehabman repo?
That kext is still not completely cleaned up on their side, there are still some "not yet" clean rebranded dependencies and lines of code from the porting process from VoodooI2C and Rehabman.
Kext is not yet considered stable from my side and i don't recommend it until they solve some of the known issues that im aware of being present.
They had big issues with VoodooI2C kexts due to some conflicts thus leading to an impossible VoodooPS2 + VoodooI2C setup like on my Lenovo V330-15IKB for example.
I have I2C Elan Touchpad + i need VoodooPS2 for the keyboard and the keyboard map but it's impossible with their VoodooPS2.
I saw their latest commits of claiming that they fixed the issues/conflicts with voodooI2C but still haven't tested myself nor have i seen reports on bugtracker from people confirming the issue as solved yet.

Same scenario like yours is that they rebranded some parts of the kext to acidanthera from Rehabman, while there are still parts of the kext code with Rehabman references which they forgot to rebrand thus leading to a broken kext yet.

As soon as those two known issues are solved, i will send a pull request / discuss for a general SSDT cleanup for ThinkPads as well, as these laptops have the clikckpad and the trackpoint supported on Rehabman VoodooPS2Controller.kext but due to the gestures system changes we need to re-construct a SSDT override for the trackpoint and the clickpad buttons to work and leave the rest of the code untouched to work natively with their kext as for now that needs to be changed due to current SSDTs interfering with the gesture values etc.

For now i would recommend you to use Rehabman version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back