Contribute
Register

[ORDERED] Newby build

Status
Not open for further replies.
The minimum recommended watts for a 760 is 500W. That would explain why you only have 1 6-pin PCI-e and have to run molex adapter cables with the 430 you have.

Having said that, thats just the recommended minimum, so its feasible that you have enough with 430, and the graphics issue is something else.

Just something to consider.

Read the manual of your motherboard and find out what each lane is capable of, then read the manual of your Wifi card to see what it requires. But yes...you can run it in any of the other available slots.

1) The PU is just fine, I've seen configuration with the exact same CG that make it run smoothly, at least at startup since the GC only needs 170W. Yes the recommandation from Geforce is a 500W PU but the 430W should be just fine, again at least at startup.
2) The TP-Link will work just fine in any other PCI slot, even if the connector is smaller (that surprises me but nvm :)

But right now I still don't know how I could be sure that the GC is running fine and how to find a way to make it work... that's not really mac-related since it's an hardware issue...

Yes the length of the PCI-e card doesn't matter. Can run anything lower or equal to the highest number the slot supports.

Hard to trouble shoot the GPU issue without knowing your exact steps. Can only recommend the basics, such as making sure you are connecting the output through the GPU and that the GPU is selected as the primary output in the BIOS.

Ok, I'll try to change that in bios settings. But anyway the GC should appear in the system panel right?
Maybe the GC is defective... lol

I have the feeling that Z87X-OC is not that fully compatible...
The WIFI TP-LINK is not recognized automatically...
and still no video signal from the GTX760... I think Ill install windows now :p

i had this issue with a haswel build i got around this by upgrading to the latest bios update after updating the bios it was fine you could give this ago

Thank you for your help,just finished installing win7 this morning + MB drivers and no PCI device are recognized (nor the TP-LINK or the CG GTX760)
Will look into that bios upgrade asap and get back to you all

Thank you for your help,just finished installing win7 this morning + MB drivers and no PCI device are recognized (nor the TP-LINK or the CG GTX760)
Will look into that bios upgrade asap and get back to you all

If no devices at all are showing up, you should also consider that the board may be defective and need replacement.

Just a thought.

I finally got the TP-LINK show up in windows. Had to turn off the switch on the MB for its specific PCIe port... so logical -_-
But the GC still doesn't show up...

Just for tracking, I've returned the graphic card to newegg, waiting for them to send me a new one.
When it gets back, if it doesn't work, will RMA the PU.... :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back